#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

Good game from this fella. I like him.
Does the stuff that mattered. A good old fashioned footballer.

Out- Clarke
In-Myers

From Woosha

1 Like

You make comments about footy and people respond ā€œI think the coaches would know better than youā€ but for gods sakes, how long have we been talking about Dylan Clarke should be coming in and could do a tagging role :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

I donā€™t think Clarke is a tagger. Heā€™s an inside mid and his role will be to win the stoppage and get it to our outside runners. I doubt heā€™ll tag omeara who is hawkā€™s best mid. He was helped today because belly destroyed kreuzer with hitouts to advantage.

3 Likes

thats some gadget type operator stat right there.

3 Likes

Cripps defeated on the inside.
But as someone has said on here, he doesnā€™t win it much on the outside.

Clarke won it in the inside and nullified Cripps inside but then didnā€™t worry too much after the contest.

Only time Cripps looked dangerous was up forward early but Clarke managed to spoil it.

3 Likes

Strong lad

Clarke, stops cripps.

awakens rolo.

7 Likes

A defensive inside, big bodied mid who can stop the oppositions best player and win plenty of his own quality ballā€¦who knew we had one?! (We all did)

4 Likes

Never played in a losing AFL side?

1 Like

Donā€™t be silly. Myers has been good and should he come in, it should be for someone who is injured or underperforming

1 Like

Has played 2 games, on J Selwood and P Cripps.

1 Like

Dylan Clarkeā€™s midfield VFL form translates to AFL level midfield.

This. changes. everything. about this season

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t consider him ā€˜smallā€™ he is 187cm from memory, can probably develop into that bigger bodied mid weā€™ve been crying out for.

1 Like

Still donā€™t want him kicking the ballā€¦

ā€¦but locking down the inside of clearances and feeding out handballs, he could change the roles of our other mids in a very positive way.

1 Like

Firstly, glad he got a game. Secondly aside from a couple of duffed kicks early he settled well and looked comfortable at AFL level. Third he kept Cripps to 11 disposals. Iā€™m surprised we actually decided to play a run-with role and he couldnā€™t have played it better. Got 23, kept his man to 11, 10 tackles. HUGE!! The fact he can still get the footy despite playing a tagging role is significant. This should be his niche in the team. Sit on the oppositionā€™s best player, nullify their influence and win your own ball. Perfect! Congrats Dyl, I dare say he should get the Rising Star nomination for the roundā€¦

6 Likes

Wonderful performance.
Heā€™s eligible for a rising star nomination isnā€™t he?

Sure is, only played one game before this season. I believe you need to have played less than 10 games at the start of the season to be eligible

2 Likes

Under 21 (20) and less than 10 games experience before the season started. Heā€™s eligible.

2 Likes

Ive been beating his drum for a whileā€¦

Just like Guelfi and Ambrose there are certain players who are genuine footballers and a trained football eye can purely.and simply see it.

Let me put it simply.

They love the contest.

Well done son. Keep it going.

7 Likes