#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

I was inferring you were Walls as he couldn’t stop talking about the fluro boots at the time. :slight_smile:

Dylan “Coach Killa” Clarke

2 Likes

Killin’ Clarke?

I’ll let myself out…

1 Like

@SMJ he’s done it again

2 Likes

Ha. Um, nah. Kill me now. Can’t stand that bloke.

:boom: :tada:

It’s a ripper eh.

1 Like

Apparently Heppell & Shiel still have a question mark on his kicking

Was great* to see pre game hype about Cripps being a massive unit and unstoppable inside mid beast.

CLARKE lines up next to him and they aren’t much different.

Proceeds to destroy him over next 100 minutes.

Legendary status.

6 Likes

:woman_facepalming:

how about this one?

Dylan Clarke, DC, Distribution center, logistics, sounds a bit like logitech. couple that with the fact he seems like a quiet sort of guy, i dub him…

THE MOUSE

4 Likes

He’s just trolling us at this point @Preliminary_Point2

Mickey is a mouse, Mickey’s best friend is Daffy Duck, ducks eat bread…

Dylan ‘Sourdough’ Clarke

2 Likes

I feel sorry for this poor kid. That is going to be a really hard game to back up. Really excited to see him try though.

3 Likes

Yep. If he does not play in the guts at stoppages, he will not perform as well. Its like Darcy . They are pure mids and need midfield time to excel. But They are not really compatible with Worsfolds philosophy of large scale rotation in the midfield.

worsforlds philosophy of being a terrible coach who doesnt win games or provide structure isnt compatible with any of us fans SO THERE

2 Likes

Thats been his philosophy so far, but it might change. Might, to a greater or lesser degree.
For instance, both Heppel and Shiel get more inside midfield minutes than any other players. Stringer has gone to more centre bounces than other players, but doesn’t tend to do other stoppages.

Imagine if the Fark Carlton match turns out to be his worst game for the year. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last weekend against Richmond, Essendon allowed Brownlow Medal winner Dustin Martin to run unpatrolled with fatal consequences.

Against Carlton, however, the Bombers wouldn’t make the same mistake with Patrick Cripps.

Enter, Dylan Clarke.

The 20-year-old was handed the seismic task of shutting down the Blues co-captain on Sunday afternoon at the MCG.

Not only did he limit Cripps to 11 touches — his lowest disposal tally of the season — but accumulate 23 disposals, 10 tackles and six clearances of his own as one of Essendon’s most influential players.

It was a performance few saw coming.

But Clarke’s teammate and housemate, Matt Guelfi, wasn’t one of them.

“It was awesome for him to get his opportunity,” Guelfi told foxfooty.com.au .

“I live with Dyl so I was very happy for him. He was outstanding, I knew he could do that.

“Dyl works on his craft every week so it was awesome to see him playing on Paddy Cripps.”

Matt Guelfi. Photo: AAP Image/Julian SmithSource: AAP

Guelfi’s game was also another positive for the Bombers, who are still in finals contention after defeating Carlton by 41 points.

The West Australian product racked up a season-high 22 disposals, seven tackles and five marks.

Guelfi suggested his form, as well as that of the team, reflected a return to “Essendon footy”.

“Essendon footy is our blitz pressure,” he said.

“Everyone kicks goals, everyone tackles. If one man slips over then the next man steps up.”

One man all Bomber fans anticipate will stand up is draftee Irving Mosquito, who was named as an emergency on Sunday.

The uncapped Mosquito, who has already garnered a cult following, has been lighting up the VFL.

And Guelfi intimated it was only a matter of time before he was “selling candy” to an AFL opposition.

“He’s a very exciting and talented player,” Guelfi said.

“He’ll get his opportunity soon. He’s playing really good VFL footy.”

The Bombers head into the bye with a 5-6 ledger, two spots out of the eight.

A must-win clash against Hawthorn awaits John Worsfold’s side when they return in Round 13, hopefully with the additions of Jake Stringer, Orazio Fantasia and Dylan Shiel.

10 Likes

Change that to essendon footy is under blitz pressure. :wink:

7 Likes

People from within the club have been talking up the connection that this current crop of youngsters have with each other, and yet the coaches have been so reluctant to bring them into the senior group, which has been flat all year and then some.

Why have they been to hesitant?

Who the FarkCarlton knows?

3 Likes