#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

ps - I reckon I’m farkin hilarious and also slightly drunk.

7 Likes

Lucky Dylan got Cripps when he was injured last week, because he tore the Lions a new one today.

Controversial. Belongs in the Hot Takes thread.

1 Like

Cripps still can’t shake the Clarke tag.

5 Likes

Correct. Getting your hands free and dishing off to a team mate when strongly tackled is a much under rated skill. Dangerfield is unbelievably good at it. Kennedy (Syd) also very good. You think you have them, and at least have forced a stoppage, and still they get it off.
Clarke seems to have that ability.

1 Like

Correct, this is the exact issue with Myers. He can’t get his hands free and get the handball off under AFL level intensity this season.

As does Heppell, who is excellent at it - possibly the best on our list.

1 Like

Some funny internet memes.

9 Likes

(Not so) Funny how luck or timing can shape a players career. If Essendon played Carlton weekend gone the result would likely be different and Clarke probably would’ve been taken to the cleaners by Cripps, potentially stalling his opportunities for more senior games. Instead…

That’s on the assumption that Clarke had literally zero influence on Cripps’ game last week

3 Likes

Which is an addumption.

Which you can shove up your add

4 Likes

So how long does he stay in the team?

If Woosha has any idea it will be for the rest of the year - but… you know… what does everyone else expect?

2 Likes

Yeah right “injured”. Only his ego.

1 Like

1 Like

I’m a bit slow. Haven’t had time to catch up on all the usual various Blitz mix of celebration, irony and sarcasm in any particular thread.

1 Like

Notice that redman is good at this too

1 Like

What a load of bullocks. Clarke stopped Cripps dead, had nothing to do with when we played them.

1 Like

Cripps after the Brisbane game:

" no disrespect to some of the the players I played on these last weeks, they got the better of me…"

Apparently Cripps found that being tagged each week is “tiring”. Interesting. I seem to recall that Clarke was tagged and repetitively scragged in the VFL Dreamtime game the week before, and still managed to be rated our best player!
with 31 disposals, 4 marks ( 1 contested) 6 tackles.

4 Likes