#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

Please use him to tag shuey

Only 3 games and he looks nice and settled. If he can play the rest of 2019 in the seniors heā€™ll be set for a big 2020 onwards.

1 Like

Nomination this round surely

3 Likes

Smart footballer Clarke. You look at his body positioning in the contest, makes use of his core strength, clears a path when heā€™s without the footyā€¦ doesnā€™t try any millionaire kicks or hand passesā€¦ plays within his capabilityā€¦ hence the 83% effective

7 Likes

Heā€™s completely changed our midfield - the defensive midfielder weā€™ve been crying out for years for. I feel they have finally got the balance right in there.

11 Likes

Like 75% of our team then. We honestly have a fair few butchers in the 22 at the momentā€¦

Yeah, few hit or miss.

I think Clarke is actually good as he makes a conscious effort to handball more often than kick, plays within his limits.

Agree. He has adopted the Dirty Harry Principle and is better for itā€¦

That ball drop is amazing. How a serious player still kicks like that at 15, let alone a few years into an AFL career beggers belief.

But heā€™s a great handball, tackles hard, goes in hard and limits a key man whilst linking up well. Surely stays in for the rest of the year.

That two weeks in a row he has had a breakaway to kick into F50, long entry to the advantage of one of our players for a goal!

1 Like

Yet apparently his kicking is extremely limited.

Im not suggesting he is a good kick but heā€™s no less effective than players like Heppell, Hurley or Hooker.

1 Like

his kicking only has to be better than Myersā€™ though

Is it just me, but every time Whoosha is asked a question about Clarke and how good heā€™s going, he plays it down. I donā€™t think he really likes what Clarke brings to the team.

2 Likes

Or he likes downplaying him

2 Likes

After refusing to put any defensive work into the oppositions best mids for the last 3 years it may grind his gears to see it actually working.

14 Likes

He rarely talks about individuals and when asked about them doesnā€™t really say much and steers it to team work etc. I think you are reading too much into that.

1 Like

Iā€™m upgrading him from being a ā€œbad kick of the footballā€ to being an ā€œunfashionable kick of the footyā€

Heā€™ll end up a similar type to Seb Ross

hurleys is attrocious too, just had some very good timing early on the fool a lot of people into thinking hes an elite kick.

Hurleyā€™s wrists are farked

1 Like

Yeah not too sure about that.

Hurley was a beautiful kick off both sides early in his career. Talking, absolute weapon with either foot.

Sure heā€™s not as good as he once was but that is no doubt more to do with his back and wrist injuries than anything.

The fact he can still do what he does, and to the level he does it is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  amazing.

4 Likes