1 Like

Age footballer of the year rd. 13
Hurley 8
Merret 8
Clarke 7
Impey 7
Worpel 7

3 Likes

He should have gotten the week before, for the total demolition job he did on Cripps. Oā€™Meara is small change by comparison.

$20k investment portfolio for kid is great.
Silly they didnā€™t give it last week, still had a good game this week, glad he got the nod.

1 Like

Thatā€™s only for the winner

Oh welll rozee will enjoy it then.

1 Like

End of that video:

Draper2Clarke :cry:

3 Likes

I think we should be defending before this clicky group of 23 and unders become seniors. But I think weā€™ll be at our ultimate best when they do become the core.

1 Like

Congratulations on the Rising Star nomination

1 Like

I reckon Walsh or maybe Stack will win it ahead of Rozee.

this is why some of us keep saying, keep trying the kids, give them games and responsibilities when others arenā€™t performing, cos you never know what might happen.

and itā€™s not as if he was tagging in the seconds, and heā€™s come in and simply done his role well 2 weeks in a row, thatā€™s all you can ask for.

5 Likes

Thanks for posting.

The camaraderie was great. Well done Dylan.

2 Likes

I thought Draper looked in good spirits.

2 Likes

Sign the boy up to a long term deal.

1 Like

Walsh has to be in the box seat. Surprised if he wasnā€™t top 3 in b&f. Such a shcit team

1 Like

I frickin love this. Thx for sharing.

1 Like

If Clarke keeps this form up for the rest of the season can he win the rising star by only playing 11 games?

He could make the final 5, but being a stopper, and not racking up the kind of disposals Walsh is getting will go against him.
He would need to be racking up 30+ For a few weeks and getting tagged like he was in the vfl ton be a chance from here.

Walsh, Rozee, Stack, Dursma, Clarke
Then rest are mostly forwards/ Small forwards
TarrynThomas, Liam Baker, gryan Miers, petrecelle, Zurharr

frickinā€¦ such an awesome 1908ā€™s ā€˜swearā€™ in front of the family / teacher wordā€¦nice one JR!

1 Like

Letā€™s just enjoy his elevation to the seniors and his pick up of this award. Walsh, Stack and Rozee are as good as first year players get. And as has been pointed outā€¦defensive aspects rarely get the kudos in any award outside a club B&F.

I canā€™t think of any year (I am sure there probably is) where the best first year players were this good. Since the draft anyway. There was probably a year when Kernahan, Bradley, Platten etc rocked over and dominated from the start but geeā€¦what a draft batch 2018 has already proven to be.

Even the 2001 super draft saw players take a while to warm up, often the guns played quite a bit in the reserves in the first year.

2 Likes