Sav Rocca
Duncan Kellaway
Mark Riccuto
Ang Christou
Rickly Olernshaw
Mark Mercuri
Leigh Colbert

29 Likes

Was averaging around 35 for 10 or more weeks last year in the VFL of course, but players who get a lot of time on the ball are usually the ones who are able to achieve these numbers. The question is, how many midfield minutes will Clarke get each week and will that always be “run with” roles ?
When will Woosha revert to his “no tagging policy” and put Shiel on the inside in place of Clarke?

It’s not crazy high.

Going by avg supercoach score (yeah, I know, but it is a decent measure of overall impact), 3 guys are averaging over 80, 9 guys over 70.

Last year, 3 guys over 80, 8 guys over 70

2017: 3 guys over 80, 10 guys over 70

2016: 1 guy over 80, 13 guys over 70

Etc etc

So most years there’s about 10 guys average over 70, and 1-3 guys avg over 80.

Dammmmm… 5 rising stars that year with 4 going on to be our most important players for the next decade and a half. What a year.

1 Like

1996 Not too bad as well, good for Rucks, but nothing on 1993
Matthew Primus
Luke Darcy
Adam Simpson
Shannon Grant
Daniel Chick
Andrew Schauble
Jarrod Schofield
Adam Yze
Ben Cousins
Steven King
Peter Bell
Matthew Lloyd
Jeff Farmer

1 Like

Yeah but, how many of those went onto be any good?

1 Like

Just looking at those highlights clarke does something a lot of our other mids don;t do and i like it. When he dishes off the handball he doesn’t switch off, he follows it with a shepard to give the player he gave the ball some space to dispose of it.

21 Likes

Move over David Myers, the most improved player award goes to… well if he can maintain the sort of momentum he has achieved over the last couple of weeks, you wouldn’t bet against him.

4 Likes

This has not quite been the year we hoped for so far. But Clarke suddenly springing up and making strides to establishing himself in the senior midfield is a real win. Add that to Parish’s last few weeks (and others to varying extents) and we are becoming a different prospect for the opposition.

4 Likes

Parish over Clarke at this stage with Redman the forgotten man.

1 Like

To me Redman looks like the best out of the bunch. It’s easy to forget he’s only play 14 games.

7 Likes

@Hoffy thanks for sharing this. So good to see the joy, happiness and affection in this heart-warming clip.

3 Likes

McGrath and Clarke already have a lot of chemistry, they are gonna be quite the double act for years.

Can’t wait for Clarke2McGrath2Clarke2McGrath to start posting on Blitz

I don’t think Mason has ‘improved’ so much on his last gig, it’s just that he has had more games to strut his stuff.

2 Likes

I reckon Clarke and Langford seem to enjoy playing together. Langford even smiles when Clarke is around

5 Likes

They worked very well together in the VFL and what I saw the other night they definitely look after each other.

They compliment each others skills perfectly.

3 Likes

Walsh will win it easy. Maybe Sydney Stack but thats it. Players who win seem to all have to play 20+ games for the season for votes. Would love to see FCFC miss out on another rising star though.

1 Like

He’s quicker than I thought. Noticeably big as well compared to our other mids.

3 Likes

Agreed, Stack and Rozee will both tire as the year goes on, Walsh won’t to the same extent. Carlton will also enjoy that sweet, sweet dead cat bounce and the media will lap it up, trying to generate some hype for FarkCarlton heading into 2020.

Teague also appears to be looking at the future and is playing Walsh onball with Cripps and Murphy, which combined with the freer gamestyle should make him look even better.

Walsh will win it even if he wasn’t the best player just to throw Carlton a bone.