#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

Check the AFL tracker.
Average speed: Hately 9.7 Kelly 9.3 Taranto 9.2 Clarke: 9.1. ( no other essendon players made the top 4 )
Repeat Sprints: McKenna 8 Fanta 4 Clarke 3
Average Speed in Attack: Clarke 9.2 Parish 9.1 Begley 9.1 McGrath 8.9

Kid can run all game.

10 Likes

I reckon heā€™s great but he needs to see Lindsay Gilbee to sort out the Paul Hills ball drop.

The low hard one was awesome but Iā€™m guessing a fluke given most of his kicks arenā€™t at all like that. And a couple of times he hesitated when he needed to pull the trigger.

But gee whiz he was on arguably the most talented player in the game who didnā€™t win the game for GWS in the end.

2 Likes

Completely unsure if this guy can kick or not. Has the worst style Iā€™ve seen, misses when wide open, then hits lead up targets the next time.

Love the way he goes about it though. Have to keep him in the side.

2 Likes

He canā€™t kick. But thatā€™s okay, he knows that and looks to handball when possible.

There was one bit of play that stood out to me and is a big reason why he should not be dropped.

I think it was Coniglio who had the ball and was brushing off Essendon players with ease, made parish/mcgrath look second rate and very weak in the tackle. Then BANG Clarke just bear hugs him and tackles him straight to the ground.

The kid is a strong strong boy.

14 Likes

Check the tackle on him with 5 minutes to go in the first quarter. Mumford makes a quality tackle after they collide at speed; Clarke protected himself well then stands tall and gets it out to advantage.

7 Likes

Look up barnzā€™ lovechild, Hayden Schloithe

All time.

IMO rubbish technique but knows where to put it

Could go either way, if his teammates can adapt and work around his issues it might be OK.

Pretty impressive as Mumford is one of the few that lay tackles to hurt He also laid a nice tackle on Mumford and stopped him. He is strong.

good god

Laycock to Murphy to Cupido to Zantuck. Miss.

These were the dark timesā€¦

3 Likes

He also saw a pass coming to coniglio early in the game, ran off the zone and nailed him. Only 5-10 mins in I reckon. Great footy brain just a terrible ball drop.

Absolute unit of a kid, was bullying blokes five years older than him all game. Thought Kelly played well but he wasnā€™t nearly as destructive as usual.

Clarke feels like one of those blokes who might turn into a Mark Thompson or a Heath Hocking type leader around the club. Just seems to exude natural confidence and has a presence. We need blokes like that.

5 Likes

Iā€™m gonna love watching him go to Kennedy and shut him down

1 Like

He will light up Kennedy for four quarters, Kennedy canā€™t do the kms anymore and Clarke can match him at the stoppages.

3 Likes

It wonā€™t be Kennedy he goes to, but Parker I would think.

Kennedy is on his last legs and is not the player he was.

2 Likes

Kennedy did alright today:

I think it need to be Clarke on Kennedy, Shiel head to head with Parker.

Just watch him tackle Mumford to the ground in the last quarter, could have been incorrect disposal if umpire wanted to pay it.

Yep, at 6 ft 2 and almost 90 kegs, he aint small.

Itā€™s deceiving because he sure doesnā€™t look that bigā€¦on TVā€¦with beer goggles on.

2 Likes

Sounds like youā€™re checking out his @rse, Iā€™m not surprised you canā€™t tell.

1 Like