#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

Hard to see him Benn consistent with that ball drop. But that was a hell of a pass.

Which is why I think Clarke should play in him. At the G he can match him at the stoppages and bury him running off.

The entire swans midfield are no super runners. We should really destroy them on the outside.

Thatā€™s taking a hard tag to a whole new levelā€¦

7 Likes

Sorry, but he canā€™t kick. Ignore the stats, itā€™s plain to see. Iā€™m not saying itā€™s fatal or he wonā€™t make the grade. But he canā€™t kick and if you canā€™t see that youā€™re being wilfully ignorant. Thankfully he has a few weapons, too.

1 Like

You summed up most of our team.

This.

Disposal efficiency % for Dlarke is not proof that his kicking is fineā€¦that % is a blend of say 90% on a large number of handballs, and say 65% on a smaller number of basic kicks.

In the VFL, if he marks it 40m from goal, the whole team knows that someone should run past to kick it for him.

That one on the wing near the bench I was surprised Redman did not do so.

Ironically Jason Johnson had a dog.of a ball drop, sprayed them more than Clarke. But I loved him and he was integral to our 2000 team and how we went about it.

4 Likes

Good kick for goal thou.

Some of Dlarkes passes in the vfl have been pretty good I think some blitzers are overreacting about how it is such a liability for him

3 Likes

been a while since old maso played vfl. forgot structures.

1 Like

I donā€™t think Dylan will be one of those ā€˜taggersā€™ that is hopeless when taken forward by his opponent.

He showed on Thursday that he could handle himself in a one-on-one marking contest against a red hot Himmelberg, and he made it look easy.

His IQ is his biggest asset imo, which is rare in a tagger, or occasional tagger, or whatever he be.

^^^ Yeah, really like his reading of the play. Doesnā€™t go 100% negative which is great. Attacks the footy when the opportunity arises. Seems to have a good footy brain.

Did his job again today.

Parker had to be moved forward because he wasnā€™t having enough influence in the midfield.

Heā€™s been starring the last 8 weeks too!

4 Likes

Yep held Parker to 19 touches, heā€™s averaging 33 since he posted us last

3 Likes

10 possessions with no clearances. He needs to be better than that to retain a spot in the long term.

It depends on what his role was today. If it was to make Parker less effective then he did his job.

5 Likes

You do realise that his primary role is to stop the oppositions best midfielder?

Whatā€™s he played, 5 games?

You are harsh.

2 Likes

I think he kept Parker out of the game. That is the reason why they shifted Parker elsewhere.
Pretty good for someone who has only played a handful of games and will only get better.

3 Likes

Since when?

I thought Woosha doesnā€™t tag.

Iā€™m not even being critical of him, just stating the obvious. His first two games were fantastic, the last two weeks heā€™s only has 10 possessions. Heā€™ll play the rest of the year but needs a higher output to keep smith out next year.

Edit: Smith out of the middle, not side.

1 Like