#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

Him and Langford work well together at VFL level, would kind of be curious to see what they’d be like together at AFL.

2 Likes

I hope you’re wrong.

We have a major problem with run and spread from the midfield (and have done for years). The only two players on the extended bench who address this deficiency are Mutch and Clarke.

They may not be as ready to play afl as we’d like but not playing them doesn’t even start to address our major weakness. We need to just bite the bullet and throw them in.

1 Like

The club are not going to change a thing until they have to.

Once the numbers start falling off attending games or too many letters of fire b1tching and whinging. This club is on its knees in mental fragility. No one is interested in what we have to say. The experts are at work with a big box of band aids…

1 Like

just play him and mutch you coward club.

2 Likes

BRING HIM IN

1 Like

Amen

I kinda like the fact we haven’t played Clarke and Mutch, it gives us some hope. If we play them then lose, I will have nothing to hang our hats on that we can turn this around.

It’s called the “messiah affect”

1 Like

So if we play them and then lose to Melb how are we goning to say “play the kids”!!!

■■■■ this ■■■■ ■■■■■■■ club

(Has nothing todo with my panic dollars)

1 Like

You get it. The “messiah affect”!

Shocked not to see him in

*e.

Has been knocking the door down in the VFL, if I remember from scotty’s podcast he’s 1st for disposals and clearances…

that sort of stuff is not welcome at Essendon

1 Like

Has everything this side needs at the moment but no dice.

Just put Clarky in and all the guys standing around ball watching take down notes on what Clarke is doing!

2 Likes

Only one from the 2016 draft class to not sign a new contract.

I hope he gets a game in the seniors soon and his form will demand a contract.

I’m sure he wants to stay, let’s just hope we give him the opportunity to show how good he is.

1 Like

Yes should give him a go
Has a real dip
We need to develop tough on ballers
and recruit ready made ones
That is a big problem for us not getting the ball out of the crntre
It puts us immediately in defensive mode
And sapps our players’ confidence to no end

1 Like

Not a good sign. I read somewhere that todays coaches put a line through players who cannot kick. First impressions stick.

Its clear that up to this point the coaches believe we don’t need a debutant pure inside player. but faster outside players who can play a range of positions. So they will return to the well this week and pick Myers as the big bodied mid so BJ can spent more time as a +1 in defence. in some part because they probably believe that even 2 players with <10 games in the side is too many.

On the other hand I believe Clarke will given the games he has earned at some point as it is customary to at least give players on the list a chance at the higher level when ready. Then its up to Clarke himself to prove he can play at AFL level and dispose of the ball effectively. I would like to see that.

Bit of an overreaction Chris.

Clarke isn’t going anywhere.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the debut him first before announcing a new contract.

Damage control 101 for this season.

2 Likes

The worry is considering how bad out skills are at the moment, is another guy who struggles to kick going to work?