#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

That “getting around the boys” could not have been more fake if they tried. Probably had to go over the top due to the Mutch reaction after the goal

1 Like

Or they’re genuinely happy cause a certain coach is gone… :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

I’d say Myers is gone. He’s been cut up by good players outside the contest.

McKenna has spent time in the midfield the last two weeks.

2 Likes

Nonsense.

2 Likes

I don’t think he’s got the size to be a wrecking ball. Not yet, anyway. Deserves his run.

When it was announced that Mutch was to debut, the players had to get around Mark Neeld, who then had responsibility to determine if said getting around should be forwarded onto Kobe.

9 Likes

Do you believe in the tooth fairy too?

If anyone can’t tell that was setup, I feel for you

Be as cynical as you like, but I think they’re genuinely happy for their teammates - as they should be.

7 Likes

They would be. No doubt. That probably went on earlier, it’s just easy to tell THAT moment was setup. That’s all.

1 Like

I think myers really sums up where the club is, and is not.

In reality he’s a committed hard body, who had a few good years when the game suited his strengths a few years back, but doesn’t at all suit the way the game’s headed since; and always had battles getting on the park.

In the club’s eyes, he’s a genuine midfield winner, backbone player and leader, to the extent that dropping him would be a really, really big statement.

Nothing against the dude himself, but geez.

8 Likes

Exactly

The fact it’s 2018 and we’re looking at him as our best clearance player shows how utterly fkd the midfield is with balance

4 Likes

Clarke reminds me of Jason Johnson. Not for any reason, just does. Anywho.

1 Like

There’s definitely a likeness*

*there’s definitely no likeness

5 Likes

The dynamic duo.

Yesss

Absolutely wrapped to have this guy in. It is well deserved and overdue imo.

2 Likes

All the best to Dylan for tomorrow, can’t wait to watch him play.

5 Likes

Best wishes to the lad, well earned debut.

4 Likes

Knightmare said this in 2016 when he was rated as a 1st round pick. (20)
It looks like we are seeing a number of these attributes at VFL level, good luck to the kid tommorrow.

Dylan Clarke (VIC)
Best position: Inside midfield
Height, weight: 187cm, 85kg
Recruited from: Eastern Rangers
Plays like: Daniel Cross
Projected draft range: second to third round
Rated last month: 20
Rationale behind ranking/change of ranking: Consistent contested-ball winner with excellent endurance. Has produced a highly productive and consistent season.
Strengths:
Production
Stoppage work
Wins first possession at stoppages
Contested-ball winning
Can get rid of ball when tackled by keeping arms high
Distribution by hand
Tackling
Clean hands
Endurance
Work rate
Two-way running
Able to play forward as required
Scoreboard impact
Weaknesses:
Inconsistent footskills
Acceleration
Agility
Lacks an x-factor

8 Likes

From yours truly back in 2016

Bio: Clarke is a contested ball magnet, he works hard all around the ground and his stoppage work is umangst the best in this draft.

Clarke is a smart player he works hard but he also works to smart spots on the ground he just knows where the footy will be both in the contest and in general play. He doesn’t over exert himself he tends to stay in the middle of the ground.

His hands in close are exceptional and can be hard to stop with his big body and his first few steps are quicker than you would think. He makes great decisions in close and you can count on his possession putting teammates in a better spot.

Kicking is his main worry but has gotten better as the year has gone on. Id say his technique in general is fine he just needs to keep working at it. I really like Clarke and i think he would be a bargain late in the 2nd round.

10 Likes

we don’t need xfactor right now so can live with that
acceleration, i think he does alright, not judd explosive but how many are?
agility fair point.

footskills ■■■ has he improved.