#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

■■■■■■■

Sorry - had to.

In the 2005/2006 West Coast sides, did they have a tagger? I’m just wondering if Woosha has ever used one

don’t see it with this guy. hope to be proven wrong.

1 Like

Rowan Jones and Tyson Stenglein would sometimes perform defensive midfielder roles.

Same, I see it with Mutch is spades but not him. He was is worth a go as a late pick though. hope I am wrong.

How much actual time did he spend in the 2s as an inside mid this year? Whenever i saw a game he was half forward (and very average at it)

1 Like

Those guys usually tagged plus Adam Selwood, Chick, Braun, Banfield and Embley, often had run with roles.

Has woosha ever had a tagger? Even back at west coast?

Must have been watching a different Clarke, sure his kicking wasn’t great when forward but his tackling pressure and ability to work hard to provide and outlet made him influential in quite a few games. A lot of his good work went unnoticed and he has been a part of many goal chains

1 Like

Trade

DONNINGTON!!!

Yes, he almost always lined up on a HFF, but he certainly never played the stereotypical HFF role. He’s stronger in packs and in the air than his frame would suggest.

IMO, he is irrelevant till his kicking is “fixed”.

But if they can do that…

5 Likes

If he makes it, it will be through sheer force of will, not elite natural talent. Thing is, he got drafted for his attitude and workrate. I’m not going to write him off.

2 Likes

From the limited viewing ive had he seems to have a bit of mongrel about him. Happily flies the flag for his teammates

I was thinking the other day about the potential shape of our side over the next couple of years, and I came to the conclusion that Clarke might have a bigger impact (edit note: one word autocorrect changes everything) than I might have expected, and sooner. We’re turning over a lot of inside mids this year, and potentially more over the next couple of years. Clarke is apparently very committed and a great trainer and really looking to improve. And he’s able to find the ball inside the contest.

Wouldn’t surprise if he and Mutch are extra midfield rotations by the second half of next year. They both seem like they’d be the type of nondescript 5th-8th midfielder that teams like Adelaide and Sydney cultivate for 4 years before other team’s supporters realise that they’re good .

2 Likes

Braun.

1 Like

I think the plan was obvious? Play him there to teach him how to kick and play in space?

Speaking of his kicking, has there been an improvement over the season?

Imo yes. In the first few games, his kicking looked clunky, tentative and outcomes were poor. By tne end of the season, his kicking was more assured, the outcomes were better, but it still looked a bit clunky. Its agreed though his disposal by foot still has room for improvement

1 Like

Lots of discussion about our lack of a contested beast but Clarkey is just that.

Should play the Bird role at VFL level this year and if he can show consistent form which I believe he’s capable of then I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a couple of games this year.

Kicking improved throughout last season as he worked within his limitations and from some training reports it looks like he has improved again.

Might be the toughest player on our list and is only 19 and has lots of scope for improvement.

2 Likes