#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

Yep. If the VFL coach and our coaches gave him a shot in the guts it would help

I have no opinion. I find this concerning.

1 Like

I thought it was fairly common practice in modern footy to try and round out a young players skill set, make him accountable and adaptable in different positions. He knows how to get the footy. Not sure who he wouldā€™ve displaced last year. Had a very good year in the vfl. And, correct me if Iā€™m wrong, it was his FIRST YEAR

2 Likes

Pfffttā€¦ logic.

No place for that here!

I hope Clarke gets a game in the AFL this year and does really well.

5 Likes

Play him!! I donā€™t care about his kicking he does what most of our mids donā€™t and goes hard all day.

He can hamdball all day for all i care we need contest to contest hard ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

4 Likes

When all our mids with good disposal do is kick blindly around the body in a general direction towards our goalsā€¦

Well youā€™d think Dyl would be able to manage that, wouldnā€™t you?

1 Like

Ever since I first saw him play for us in a 2017 preseason gameā€¦

ā€¦Iā€™ve been ready to delist him.

Not quick, and a weak kick.

Watched Mynott play in the VFL this weekend and Iā€™m already more enthused about him.

1 Like

Whenā€™s Mutch ready?

This past weekend, Clarke >> Mynott. Wasnā€™t shy about kicking and was surprisingly cromulent at it.

Mutch is looking to play next week in VFL round 1.

2 Likes

Another great game by Clarke yesterday.

Repeat efforts, tackles, clearances and can run all day. Is really developing well.

Looks like his kicking has improved as well because heā€™s far more confident to use it which will make his game far less predictable.

Itā€™s around stoppages though that heā€™s at his best. Great hands in close and really good decisions. A lot to like about him.

The permanent move into midfield should really see Clarke develop into a more than useful footballer.

12 Likes

I reckon 186cm/85kg might be big-bodied enough. ā€˜Cause heā€™s a honey badger when heā€™s after that ball in close.

4 Likes

The issue that Clarke and Mutch have, is that there needs to be some injuries to key midfielders if they are going to get their chance.

Theyā€™re pure midfielders. Both of them will be overlooked for players who can play in defence or Forward. As the coach will be more likely to move Tippa, Fantasia or Begley into the midfield, then replace them Merrett, Long, Laverdeā€¦ who will play in the forwardline.

Iā€™m fully on board, debut this man NOW

5 Likes

Thatā€™s enough for me, Iā€™m completely lid off.

About the word ā€œcromulentā€.

8 Likes

Is it gonna be Clarke v Langford, or can we get the two of them in there?

Blitz will like the ā€œintensityā€ of Clarke. Thatā€™s all that matters, right?

Seriously, Langford has more tricks outside a pack and is a better forward (though Clarke is a decent mark). On the other hand, Clarke has only just started getting full-time work on ball, having previously been largely HFF, so he has marked scope for improvement.

3 Likes

He does ā€˜look likeā€™ an inside mid, thatā€™s a huge start.

Iā€™ve always liked what little Iā€™ve seen if him, glad to hear the kicking is on the improve.

2 Likes

what a novel idea to actually have pure midfielders play in the midfield.

suppose they could always rest on the HBF lol

3 Likes

I remember a certain Essendon legend who was very very partial to a hand ball and not kickā€¦there a bloke running around for th e dawks that loves a handball in his 50 plus disposal gamesā€¦

1 Like