#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

I don’t think he would have any issues running out a game or performing close to his best.

When we were at our best around that 2000 period we had a few blokes in our side just like Clarke.

Not the most highly skilled but gives 100% all the time.

He is possisbly the most natural ball winner we have.

Can’t be too far off. I’m sure the coaches will give him a run late next year.

12 Likes

Spot on. The kid needs to be prepared for a lot of criticism, rabid EFC fans abusing him at the ground, opposition fans cheering if he kicks it out of bounds. The coaches, fans and press need to wait until his second game before they condemn him.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I was looking for your input on this matter.

Yep, he’s not pretty to the eye to watch but very effective in close.

It’s the second and third efforts that makes him stand out though. He’s a competitive animal.

3 Likes

He could not have timed his possession and tckle count with clean disposal better.

In: Clarke.
Out: Myers.

No brainer.

3 Likes

I’m jumping on this bandwagon. IN.

Nah, too many guys in great form.

1 Like

Give Myers another go, in the middle instead of half back. Lang and Clarke, in the middle, the whole game, let em tag Rockcliff and Wines - congest it up, play ugly. scratch out the ugliest win against Port you’ve ever seen.

Beast
Competitive beast

Animal sounds meaner

I’ve said a lot of things about clarke’s kicking, very negative things.

but the man can take body contact like a ■■■■■■■ champ, and we need that.

I’ve only got positive things to say about his kicking. He’s the only bloke on the team with the ability to miss an opposition target.

5 Likes

Well done. 40 disposals against Willy according to the match report. An inside mid who is getting 30-40 week after week is becoming hard to ignore.

3 Likes

bring him in

1 Like

I don’t care if he is kicking it short but effectively from a stoppage. Many inside mids have short/close range with their disposals. As long as he gets it and gives it to a team mate on the outside, or prevents the opposition opening up play through defensive aggression, i will happily overlook the occasional howler of a kick.

1 Like

Yes, Blitz is well known for this sort of magnanimous concession.

21 Likes

Has to be chance for the Melbourne game post Anzac Day, when we will be looking for fresh legs.
His problem is they normally are reluctant to throw young players into onball roles initially, preferring to ease them into peripheral roles like wing. Clarke is really an in and under on baller with no real pretensions to playing anywhere else.

3 Likes

His kicking can’t be any worse than Heppell surely.

7 Likes