#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

How long have they been picking Myers? The time to put a line through blokes who cannot kick is before the draft…

2 Likes

I hope so.

1 Like

He’s shown more than enough improvement in such a short time and he’s basically the only traditional in and under player on our list.

I’m sure they will keep him.

Play this fkg bloke RIGHT NOW

Who am I kidding. IN - MYERS

13 Likes

It just dawned on me that Clarke wasn’t part of the trio signing - he was drafted in the same year.

Obviously it doesn’t mean anything unless he’s planning to pull a Morgan?

His brothers there so a possibility if he doesnt think the club rates him and Nth have shown an interest. Perhaps the club still have concerns about his kicking and have only offered a year extension.

I generally don’t agree with km in relation to footy conclusions. Buy Clarke’s kicking is significantly improved. Almost a fluent action that looks comfortable and regularly hitting targets.

2 Likes

The more I watch Clarke the more I like him.

Knows how to find space and demand the ball. Sums up situations very well and can hit targets well by hand or foot.

Not even qtr time but he’s done really good things already.

Just a classic footballer.

2 Likes

Surplus to requirements right now. We have Myers!!

3 Likes

With predicted rain this is a great opportunity to play Clarke.

Just bring him in for farks sakes Wooosha!

6 Likes

Listened to something Jimmy Bartel said today about how we don’t have any true inside mid. All our current inside mids are more your second receiver rather than the absolute handball inside beast. From the sounds of it Clarke fits this bill perfectly and must come in.

7 Likes

Farken Amen!
Everyone can see that so why cant the selection committee?

5 Likes

This week is perfect for him

3 Likes

Go head to head with the best Inside Mid in the comp.

If he shows any sort of competitiveness against Cripps it’s a massive win.

I’d certainly back him more against Cripps than any other midfielder we have in the team atm.

2 Likes

But what about Myers?
Is he invisible or something?

Oh… yes that’s right he is.

1 Like

Nah we see him, he’s just ■■■■

3 Likes

After what the club dished up on Saturday I think we may see another debut!

Hopefully it’s Clarke.

1 Like

TBH in Myers’ defence, albeit he has had loads of injuries but we completely fked up his development by playing off the HBF for the better part of the first 7 years of his career.

He was drafted as a mid, should have been developed as a mid, but yet we played him as a HBFer.

And now we draft HBF to play inside mid. Go figure.

“THIS CLUB IS ■■■■■■”

2 Likes

I watched at least part of the game against Norf. Clarke doesn’t seem to go on the bench. He goes to almost every stoppage, and is quite clearly not an impact player, but has the tank to rack up numbers over probably 90+% game time.

A lot of mids cannot run in the midfield for 90+% TOG, Players like Mitchell can. They get that extra 20% of disposals every game partly because of this. Mitchell turns a 30 disposal game of some other mids into a 36 disposal game .

Clarke is not short ( 187cm ?) but has a long body and short legs, so he finds it easier to pick up the ground ball than say a Langford. The short legs also allow a lot of lower body leverage, so he blocks and holds off opponents very well, at least at VFL level, arguably better than Langford in that regard. The ability to get in front of an opponent and hold them back or to one side is crucial, as it the understanding with the ruckman.
Its something I saw numerous times in the stoppages in that game and he seemed to have a range of opponents.
Clarke is also quite a fierce tackler and scrapper. Thats something we lack on the inside at AFL level right now.

Our current strategy is to run many players through the midfield, so that it confuses the opposition ( lol), and provides a constant flow of fresh legs in there. But do we train these players as inside extractors ?
These other players like Fanta, Green, Laverde, even Mc Grath are just not suited to that type of play and just don’t spend enough time doing it under game conditions to become good at it.

Finally there was comment about what Bartel said about his assessment of the list.

Yes, well we have Myers, he is getting a respectable number of clearances but he can only do 70% TOG.

Agree with Bartel, we need more extraction power at the coal face, Clarke is one, and he has the tank to keep going and keep us competitive when we run out of true inside options because they are resting on the pine.

10 Likes

Would like someone who can handball naturally and on both sides. Something Myers can’t do.

1 Like