#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

Just another 38 touches in the VFL. Would really like to see him back in the ones for the rest of the season to get him accustomed to the pace and strength of AFL.

9 Likes

Is he taking into account Myers will be taking his spot for the next two years? Hard to demand $$ when he youā€™re playing VFL every week

Quadruple double 22 kicks, 16 handballs, 11 marks, 11 tackles. 177 DT points.

#Huge

10 Likes

Some pretty average kicking at times though.

He was a tad more timid with his kicking yesterday, but didnā€™t actually miss many targets.

1 Like

In spite of the ā€œimpressiveā€ stats he didnā€™t make it into the bests. Must have been really poor in other respects , and I guess thatā€™s a clue as to why he canā€™t make it into the AFL team.

I wouldnā€™t look too much into the beats

His stats this year in the 2nds at least warrant 3~4 games in the first played in the guts

4 Likes

Mutch is developing as a player that can play well inside and outside. Far more flexible.

Mutch has good vision. Is generally a more skilled user.

I would think at this point Mutch is ahead of Clarke.

Barely ahead, heā€™s considerably slow but his flexibility provides more chance. They both have limitations. Will be interesting to see who can translates better into a senior player. Similar battle to Langford v Laverde.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no battle between Langford and Laverde anymore. One is miles ahead of the other

6 Likes

2 Likes

It increasingly seems there is some sort of deficiency perceived by the coaching group. In terms of numbers he ticks off the boxes. The few games I have seen him play he seems to read the ball off the ruck really well. The way he has been signed on for one year tells me that club is seeing if he can better his game before really committing to him.

Heā€™s slowish, and not a particularly good user of the ball. Not terrible, but not good.
Two things the seniors have plenty of.
Iā€™m a fair bit less bullish on him than most on here.

People forget how good guys like Howlett, Craig Bird and OBrien were in VFL footy.

1 Like

Dylan Clarke - winner of the 2018 VFL Brownlow?

He probably wasnā€™t in the bests because we absolutely walloped them and not everyone could be listed. That said, the stats should be taken with a grain of salt given we played Coburg who are winless (I believe) for the year.

When a player racks up stats like that its a bit ho hum but if they kick a goal, even just 1 goal a game they become a star.
Makes all the difference.

Quoting myself from the most recent gameā€™s thread, narrowed down to Clarke details:

9 Likes

He would be a chance at the VFL league medal surely?

Have to be.

I sincerely hope he is denied the opportunity to do so.

5 Likes