#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

Jason Johnson mark II hopefully.

I reckon he’ll get his chance after ANZAC Day with a four day break seeing the likes of Myers and Parish getting a rest.

1 Like

Guelfi is blue collar, boy band looks notwithstanding, had genuine impact at stoppages. Burrowed away and at the very least forced another ball up. It’s boring but it’s vital. Clarke to do the same. Give our classier young blokes more of a chance on the outside

6 Likes

Kicking has improved a lot.
On track.

I liked what I saw today - he’s improved a lot since last year. His kicking is hardly a weapon but it’s at least acceptable now. Deserves a game soon.

2 Likes

Best mate with McGrath, will become a dynamic duo in the middle for the next decade.
Was really impressed with him today.
If guys like him, Guelfi and Langford can do the heavy lifting our outside game will be unstoppable.

31 possessions and 7 tackles.

18 kicks and 13 handballs is good indication that he’s growing in confidence with his kicking as well as recognition that to make it at AFL level you also need to gain territory.

Growing as a player.

7 Likes

There is a lot to like there. Clean up a couple of little things and I think he could have a pretty decent career.

3 Likes

Langford still ahead in your opinion killer mike?

I would say no one is ahead. They are very different players.

1 Like

Different players.

I personally think they should both be playing seniors.

If you look at the stats they actually have very similar numbers but they do it in different ways. They compliment each other because of that.

Langers is the more damaging and Clarke the terrier.

I love em both.

2 Likes

Apples and oranges it doesn’t matter, they both are looking for that position in the midfield.

I think it’s a stretch to say they should both be playing seniors. Clarke has really only put his hand up in the last 3 weeks, so he’s getting close but shouldn’t have been in any earlier.

Langford I can agree with. He certainly should be getting more opportunity. The thing is, in what role?
As much as people don’t like Myers, Langford isn’t any good at the role they want Myers to play.

If/when Myers gets injured again, Clarke should replace him.

I think Langford is going to have to wait for another mid to get injured or need a rest so he can play a different type of role when he gets picked. Or pick him instead of Begley when Begley needs a spell. But I’d worry about that a bit because I reckon he’d provide less defensive pressure than Begley.

To be fair… that’s this entire year…

3 Likes

He should definitely play the Melbourne game imo.

Clarke was playing like this last year but they were playing him on a flank where he couldn’t get near the ball.

If Bird wasn’t on our list last season then Clarke would have been ready now.

Clarke did a power of work today but he was still running hard in the last. He’s still skinny but I don’t think it bothers him so it shouldn’t bother us😄

1 Like

Like him. Get him in the for Dees game when we need to bring in some fresh legs.

This guy is force-feeding me humble pie.

2 Likes

He’s listed as 85kg, so he’s not a complete lightweight.
You’d think he should be likely to end up around the 90kg mark so he’s got the build to be the big-bodied mid we need.

I certainly hope he gets an opportunity soon and his VFL form translates to AFL.
If he does prove by the end of the year that he could/should become a solid inside mid at AFL level, I really hope we don’t chase Sloane.

I really don’t think Sloane is what we need. Yes he’s a good clearance player, but he’s not the big body we’re missing. Plus he’ll be 29 before next season starts and a relatively little guy that has taken a battering throughout his career may not have much decent footy left him in.
I’d rather we use our money elsewhere.

11 Likes

Not that I disagree but my view would be that Clarke’s possessions would end in damaging players hands which for the team would be more damaging.