#37 Nic Martin - all of the extension, pls

Does stephen dank have a secret garage.

Agree, he only needs to improve his strength at the contest a little bit and not compromise his running ability and we really do have a very serious player on our hands. I still reckon he could play on ball too

2 Likes

My time as an Essendon fan tells me that heā€™ll come back looking like a greek god, but will have either have forgotten how to kick or unable to beat the coach in time trials

16 Likes

Or heā€™ll give himself shin and foot stress fractures carrying the extra weight.

11 Likes

Or heā€™ll pick up a new soft tissue injury every couple of months.

1 Like

Injury Report - ā€œUnfortunately Nick has had a setback in his rehabilitation from a minor calf injury, and will be out of action for the next 8 weeks.ā€

10 Likes

not a good post for those who read threads from the latest post

5 Likes

He definitely moves through traffic nicely. Itā€™s one thing to win clearances, but if the quality of the clearance is poor, it typically comes back the other way with interest.

Agree that he could play on-ball as a second possession type player.

1 Like

if you venture into the parish thread, youā€™ll see alot of supporters donā€™t care about that aspect, as long as the players win the clearance stat on a stat sheet, thatā€™s all that matters.

3 Likes

Are there question marks over his disposal?

You mean ā€œan ingrown toenail and will miss the next 12 weeksā€

Which begs the question, why canā€™t they do it at the club?

1 Like

Do you mean why canā€™t the club hire 1 on 1 personal trainers?

No clear idea, but off the top of my head if itā€™s a club thing there could be cap issues, and if the players are attending the club during the off-season to lift weights supervised by club staff, it might count as ā€œwork,ā€ and that could be an issue with the contracts and AFLPA wrt not getting enough holiday time etc.

2 Likes

donā€™t know. I would imagine it would be hard trying to create an implement 40 different workouts for 40 different people.

maybe thatā€™s where one of the new roles created takes a more diverse look at things.
murphy or whoever does the basic/standard fitness and looking after things.
the guy in the new role maybe goes and studies say length strengthening techniques in soccer and if itā€™s applicable brings it back for the head of fitness to implement. as an example.

Different people respond to different training, different training techniques and different motivators (some a softer approach, some a harder nosed push beyond your limits style)

I wonder if we will ever get to a stage where players are required to do all this by themselves anyway, and the majority of the onus is on the players to get to a required level of fitness before the season on their own.

2 Likes

Nic(syndomosis)martin

Not at all. Iā€™m saying he would improve the quality of our clearances.

1 Like

ban this person

7 Likes

Remember Hird struggled a bit with the extra weight might have been part of the foot problems

anyway he doesnā€™t look that much bigger, but has got a efc tie on.

Hope he is Upgraded to the 5 Guernsey

3 Likes

Has the attributes to be our most damaging player.

1 Like