Big Sammy Draper - #1 ruckman now #2

Wait til we get the first Russian born player. BBC will link him to Putin.

Jamar says hi

A video from when he was drafted.

Training reports indicate that big Sam is getting left to his own devices a bit, looking a bit alone and forlorn.

I will be very piissed if we can’t put together a decent program to develop his football skills and keep up his motivation through getting to play some actual football, simulated or otherwise.

I still have my suspicions that we farked up with the development of Gach whose situation wasn’t a lot different to Sam with limited experience and a soccer background. Even if Gach was slacking off, it wouldn’t be too surprising if the program on offer isn’t stimulating and interactive with other players.

If they stuff up two project ruckmen in a row, I won’t be blaming the project ruckmen.

LOL. Lets all make things up based on a passing comment and lots of assumptions and speculation that we have in our heads

It would be more logical/rational to suggest that his fitness is simply way off what’s required, and being a big lad - is simply being eased in this side of the new year.

*Still mere speculation of course :wink:

The improvement this kid has shown over one season has been huge. A mates kid played against him early on against Reynella, and he really looked lost out there, but he was a massive unit!! I went to see some SANFL U18 games at the back end of the season with the same guy and we couldn’t believe he was the same kid. He was dominant in the contest and looked really aggressive and agile. With an AFL development program this kid will flourish. At 18 he is a monster, and looks like he has already added muscle. Full lid off on this bloke in a couple of years. Just work on the engine and sharpen up his skills and he will be a beauty.

Just watching the "meet the draftees" videos on the club website. All draftees like to roll out the old "it's surreal" line about joining an AFL team, but Draper's the first guy I've seen who comes across like he legitimately can't believe it's real. It's like drafting a giant puppy; I hope he makes it.
I think he is genuinely shocked by his rise. Funnily enough he actually trained with the state squad before making his SANFL U18 debut at South Adelaide.

I hadn’t seen you comment on him previous to this Aceman. Any intel from your connections in SA?

Havnt seen him play too much personally but there is plenty of good stuff said about him. A couple of guys involved at the state U18 level can’t believe his rate of improvement in a year. Skills are very good but doesn’t understand the game too well but is a very quick learner and will seek as much advice from others as he can.
The few games I did see if him at U18 level impressed me

Training reports indicate that big Sam is getting left to his own devices a bit, looking a bit alone and forlorn.

I will be very piissed if we can’t put together a decent program to develop his football skills and keep up his motivation through getting to play some actual football, simulated or otherwise.

I still have my suspicions that we farked up with the development of Gach whose situation wasn’t a lot different to Sam with limited experience and a soccer background. Even if Gach was slacking off, it wouldn’t be too surprising if the program on offer isn’t stimulating and interactive with other players.

If they stuff up two project ruckmen in a row, I won’t be blaming the project ruckmen.

WOW

Classic. Damn those professional coaches working on aspects they feel most important for development of player.

Hmm… Player who has picked up the game for a year only, basic skills and nailing those aspects down you may think is more important than any complex drillls.

Gach knew how to play footy. But physically and mentally nowhere near it, lack of professionalism on and off the field nothing to do with the coaches.

LOL. Lets all make things up based on a passing comment and lots of assumptions and speculation that we have in our heads

Since when has Blitz demanded we base our opinions and beliefs on factual information?

I’m going to keep on believing he is feeling like the following: downcast, downhearted, despondent, disconsolate, dispirited, crestfallen, cast down, depressed, disappointed, disheartened, discouraged, demoralized, crushed, desolate, heartbroken, broken-hearted, heavy-hearted, low-spirited, in the doldrums, sad, unhappy, doleful, melancholy, miserable, woebegone, forlorn, long-faced, fed up, wretched, glum, gloomy, dismal.

Part of the reason I stopped doing training reports was that you have to be ultra-careful about what you said about particular players. You could type in one word and people would over-analyse.

The quoted post is a classic example.

Since when has Blitz demanded we base our opinions and beliefs on factual information?

I’m going to keep on believing he is feeling like the following: downcast, downhearted, despondent, disconsolate, dispirited, crestfallen, cast down, depressed, disappointed, disheartened, discouraged, demoralized, crushed, desolate, heartbroken, broken-hearted, heavy-hearted, low-spirited, in the doldrums, sad, unhappy, doleful, melancholy, miserable, woebegone, forlorn, long-faced, fed up, wretched, glum, gloomy, dismal.

Who doesn’t need a thesaurus for Christmas.

I can’t believe the club are deliberately making him depressed and screwing up any possible future in the game he has. I just don’t know why we keep trying to do this to young players.

If Hird was there he’d be happy.

A Dodoro has a decent wig for a bloke of his age. Quite luxurious with minimal grey bills.

Sammy beefcurtains

A Dodoro has a decent wig for a bloke of his age. Quite luxurious with minimal grey bills.

Much like Italians growing their own fruit and vegetables in their backyard, they also grow their own wigs on their head too.

Much like Italians growing their own fruit and vegetables in their backyard, they also grow their own wigs on their head too.

There are plenty of bald Italians around, but not A Dodoro. Doesn’t need Rogaine or Just for Men.

fkg concur

• super

There are plenty of bald Italians around, but not A Dodoro. Doesn’t need Rogaine or Just for Men.

I’m one of them…stupid hair!