Big Sammy Draper - #1 ruckman now #2

A Dodoro has a decent wig for a bloke of his age. Quite luxurious with minimal grey bills.

Much like Italians growing their own fruit and vegetables in their backyard, they also grow their own wigs on their head too.

There are plenty of bald Italians around, but not A Dodoro. Doesn’t need Rogaine or Just for Men.

I’m one of them…stupid hair!

Ripped off.
If Hird was there he'd be happy.

What does Hird think about this?

If Hird was there he'd be happy.

What does Hird think about this?

Has Sam spoken to James Hird recently?
A Dodoro has a decent wig for a bloke of his age. Quite luxurious with minimal grey bills.

Much like Italians growing their own fruit and vegetables in their backyard, they also grow their own wigs on their head too.

There are plenty of bald Italians around, but not A Dodoro. Doesn’t need Rogaine or Just for Men.

Ripped off.

Out of frustration?

Ripped off.

Out of frustration?

Nah, genetically ripped off.
LOL. Lets all make things up based on a passing comment and lots of assumptions and speculation that we have in our heads

C’mon guys, I said “if”.

Can’t believe they took the kid away from his family and then isolated him from the rest of the players.

This AFL caper so much harder than soccer. Everyone is so mean. Hope he doesn’t self destruct the poor lad!

Training reports indicate that big Sam is getting left to his own devices a bit, looking a bit alone and forlorn.

I will be very piissed if we can’t put together a decent program to develop his football skills and keep up his motivation through getting to play some actual football, simulated or otherwise.

I still have my suspicions that we farked up with the development of Gach whose situation wasn’t a lot different to Sam with limited experience and a soccer background. Even if Gach was slacking off, it wouldn’t be too surprising if the program on offer isn’t stimulating and interactive with other players.

If they stuff up two project ruckmen in a row, I won’t be blaming the project ruckmen.

Part of the reason I stopped doing training reports was that you have to be ultra-careful about what you said about particular players. You could type in one word and people would over-analyse.

The quoted post is a classic example.

Now I was extrapolating on what JM reported, and he said he hoped the same thing, that they would give him a more engaging program.

I do see from this I am not over Gach, I did note he was welcomed back at the club, where a father son in Tom Wallis wasn’t (may have been an oversight, but I wasn’t the only one who noticed). I haven’t heard anything concrete about a bad attitude from Gach, other than a hint from reboot.

Classic. Damn those professional coaches working on aspects they feel most important for development of player.

Hmm… Player who has picked up the game for a year only, basic skills and nailing those aspects down you may think is more important than any complex drillls.

Gach knew how to play footy. But physically and mentally nowhere near it, lack of professionalism on and off the field nothing to do with the coaches.

There was Gach’s Uber incident where he made a drunken threat (who knows if there was any provocation). Speedy, are you basing your judgement of Gach on anything more than speculation?

I will be happy to hear that you have a basis for what you say, and more confidence that they can give Sam a good program. At the moment the only concrete thing I heard on Gach was from Ego, and that was that they couldn’t give him much match time in the ruck because there was up to 3 rucks in front of him in the VFL side.

I am concerned for Sam that he may not get much ruck match practice if the AFL side has one ruck only (eg. Luey), and Sam could be behind TBC, Smack and maybe Stewart at VFL level.

Gach came and went very quickly for an AA U18 ruckman who was able to play on a broken leg and wasn’t given the time to develop the body to compete with the big boys (he was well on the way putting on some kg of muscle), despite a 2.95s 20m sprint and a leap to rival Nic Nat.

Sam hasn’t as many footy accomplishments as Gach, but at least he has a bigger body, but given there is limited opportunities to learn his craft at VFL level, I have got my ears up for signs they are managing Sam well, given he needs to progress quickly to be VFL ready. Hopefully they can give him some ruck time against men other than at VFL level if necessary.

I think it is reasonable to query EFC’s ability to develop a novice footballer given that is not its core business, and ruckman is also a very narrow speciality to teach from a low base. We are also in a situation where we will be tempted to cut corners given our debt.

Apologies to JM for using his training comment as a spark for my rant, but I will be very happy to be slapped down by people who have some facts to counter my extrapolations, and will be grateful for the reassurance.

You worry too much. I said it after you said you were ‘shattered’ after Gach left & I’ll say it again.

You worry too much. I said it after you said you were 'shattered' after Gach left & I'll say it again.

Maybe.

Draper at training.

You worry too much. I said it after you said you were 'shattered' after Gach left & I'll say it again.

Maybe.

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/122250/Gach-NYUON

Maybe.

Not wishing to bag you BFD, but seriously, who cares how SEN rate players.
They rate people like KB as talented broadcasters ffs.

Could it be OP? Just trying to go with the theme from the Joe thread.

Maybe.

Agree. However in this case it appears that SEN and EFC were aligned.

Maybe.

Nope.

Maybe.

Nope.

Yep. Proof is in the pudding. In this case Gach not being an EFC player after 1 year despite being a very long term project.

No doubt other things impacted his delisting but if he was showing great signs he’d still be there. Reality is he showed very little which aligns to the SEN commentary.

Maybe.

Messenger / message.

I had a long post attached, … something along the lines of, … there would likely be reasons we don’t know about re Gachs delisting, that would & should, if being kept non public, hopefully stay that way. Also, that the fact no one else picked him up even for VFL post delisting was quite telling.

Then, while making sure that was fact, and he hadn’t been late listed for VFL, I came across that, which, for better or worse re the assessors, was really just a more brutally put take on what our own VFL watchers were saying all year, that his “Attitude” was sub par … so I don’t see what’s to bag really.

It’s just more anecdotal evidence of one straw in the pile that broke our relationship with Gach.

The upshot being S Carey, probably shouldn’t be too exasperated or perplexed over the decision.

I personally believe he’s got something, & is not necessarily lost to the game, and that if he sorts himself out quickly, and put’s in the work, he could again find himself being courted.

Maybe.

Nope.

Yep. Proof is in the pudding. In this case Gach not being an EFC player after 1 year despite being a very long term project.

No doubt other things impacted his delisting but if he was showing great signs he’d still be there. Reality is he showed very little which aligns to the SEN commentary.

It isn’t.

Knee tendonitis according to the club website.

“The 203cm ruckman arrived at the Bombers with knee tendonitis, but he’s resumed running and will build up his training program in the coming weeks.”