Big Sammy Draper - #1 ruckman now #2

Sheesh. Buyer beware?

Not a big deal really, given we wouldn’t have expected him to play senior this year at least, and maybe longer. Tendonitis is not too much of a worry at this stage, provided he can recover and begin his development soon.
I always thought it was strange that he might just be on some sort of modified program of skills and weights that meant he didn’t train with the main group at all.

People still use the term tendinitis?
What is is? The year 2010?

Not a big deal really, given we wouldn't have expected him to play senior this year at least, and maybe longer. Tendonitis is not too much of a worry at this stage, provided he can recover and begin his development soon. I always thought it was strange that he might just be on some sort of modified program of skills and weights that meant he didn't train with the main group at all.

Tendinitis (tendonosis for Eastie) can be anything from a two week inconvenience to career over, depending on the cause and individual player’s physiology. But yeah, fingers crossed for young Sam.

People still use the term tendinitis? What is is? The year 2010?

Yeah it’s called a “knock”, stupids

Not a big deal really, given we wouldn't have expected him to play senior this year at least, and maybe longer. Tendonitis is not too much of a worry at this stage, provided he can recover and begin his development soon. I always thought it was strange that he might just be on some sort of modified program of skills and weights that meant he didn't train with the main group at all.

Tendinitis (tendonosis for Eastie) can be anything from a two week inconvenience to career over, depending on the cause and individual player’s physiology. But yeah, fingers crossed for young Sam.

Except tendonitis and tendonosis are different things. Tendonitis is a tendon injury that includes inflammation. Tendonosis is a degenerative condition with no inflammation. Better it be tendonitis than tendonosis. And I’ll trust the medicos to know the difference. But you are right DonsForEver, the severity and longevity can vary enormously.

Tendonopathy is the correct clinical term.
Theoretically a simple fix (load tendon with recovery >>> acute inflammation)
In practise, not so simple

Actually tendonopathy is generally just an umbrella term to cover all tendon issues. Although it is sometimes used to describe a tendon injury that refuses to heal. Tendonitis and tendonosis are a more specific diagnosis of differing, and specific, problems.

Actually tendonopathy is generally just an umbrella term to cover all tendon issues. Although it is sometimes used to describe a tendon injury that refuses to heal. Tendonitis and tendonosis are a more specific diagnosis of differing, and specific, problems.

Kind like Thymosin

1 Like

They’ve started to move away from terming it tendinitis as there’s often no inflammation present with the pain/dysfunctional and iirc they also found that there’s no direct correlation between inflammation and pain/dysfunction ie a perfectly healthy tendon can have inflammation much like you get DOMS in the muscles themselves

I guess to be more accurate, you would have tendinitis to begin with (eg from running a marathon) then it would likely become tendonopathy once the acute inflammation has gone (essentially the grey area), then progress to tendinosis as the tendon begins to degenerate

So it’s Curtains then?

People still use the term tendinitis? What is is? The year 2010?

Yeah it’s called a “knock”, stupids

They’ve started to move away from terming it tendinitis as there’s often no inflammation present with the pain/dysfunctional and iirc they also found that there’s no direct correlation between inflammation and pain/dysfunction ie a perfectly healthy tendon can have inflammation much like you get DOMS in the muscles themselves

I guess to be more accurate, you would have tendinitis to begin with (eg from running a marathon) then it would likely become tendonopathy once the acute inflammation has gone (essentially the grey area), then progress to tendinosis as the tendon begins to degenerate

I think I’m starting to prefer Riolo’s definition.

You worry too much. I said it after you said you were 'shattered' after Gach left & I'll say it again.

Maybe.

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/122250/Gach-NYUON

Not wishing to bag you BFD, but seriously, who cares how SEN rate players.
They rate people like KB as talented broadcasters ffs.

Agree. However in this case it appears that SEN and EFC were aligned.

Nope.

Yep. Proof is in the pudding. In this case Gach not being an EFC player after 1 year despite being a very long term project.

No doubt other things impacted his delisting but if he was showing great signs he’d still be there. Reality is he showed very little which aligns to the SEN commentary.

It isn’t.

It’s in the eating, isn’t it?

So it's Curtains then?

Nah, that would be if it were tendinitis beta.

So it's Curtains then?

Nah, that would be if it were tendinitis beta.

So that would be Shakespeare then:

TB Curtains or not TB Draper.

Both Knees… Jackets must see something in the lad to take on this mission. We couldn’t get Nick , right so hopefully the big guy is big on rehab and crow and the team are in spectacular form.

It would have to be June before we saw him in the VFL right?

Both Knees... Jackets must see something in the lad to take on this mission. We couldn't get Nick , right so hopefully the big guy is big on rehab and crow and the team are in spectacular form.

It would have to be June before we saw him in the VFL right?

:o You mean - this year?

So it's Curtains then?

Only a blind man could say otherwise.

So no more bright lights for this young feller, his footy career is now shaded and heading for a blackout.

It appears it’s Curtains for Draper.

So it's Curtains then?

Only a blind man could say otherwise.

Yes well, it depends if he’s vertical or horizontal. Vertical blind men don’t say much about Curtains.