3 Likes

:rocket: :tokyo_tower: :lipstick: :eggplant: :rooster:

9 Likes

Touché

Just before the Franga emoji.

2 Likes

How many Jackets?

1 Like

What’s the deal? Did he play a VFL practice match? Was anyone there to report or is this just second hand news? If he played a full game I’d be more than happy.

Were u there DJR? Did he really play a full game and hold his own???

Check the vfl sub forum @MoorcroftFC

2 Likes

Absolutely delighted by this kids performance yesterday

5 Likes

The VFL sub-forum has a thread on the practice match against Geelong last night. 16 of our senior guys played, including Draper, Belly, Hooker, Francis and Hartley. Radio DJR provided comments, and a few others have given summaries of their views on player performance.

We won, although it should be noted Geelong had hardly any senior listed players. Motlop being one, and he wasn’t great.

2 Likes

I reckon he would be playing on enthusiasm and the sheer joy of being picked up. He is just a kid, not yet 19, and has so much potential given his size and strength already. Those early media interviews with him are great to watch.

Coming in with patella tendinitis may have slowed him down but it sounds like Crowey and team have done some great work in his rehab and getting him back on the park. Once he can get some k’s into his legs, hits the weights and add on some muscle he will be a major headache to opposition teams. He is an exciting prospect for sure, I can’t wait to see more of him out on the ground.

Go Big Boi Draper

5 Likes

Amazing story if you consider he basically just started last year? a year and a half ago?.

promoted through his clubs leagues almost every 2nd week. Seems to get the game. TOTAL ■■■■■■■ UNIT, wowee big boy draper.

what a fkg find if he becomes a 15 year player.

Also how good was his post draft interview on radio? his brother calls the channel and says ‘wanna talk to my brother sam draper whos just been drafted #1 in the rookie draft?’

Sammy was over the fkg moon. couldn’t believe.

3 Likes

Is that him 7 years ago?

Sam is a classic case of a kid who trained in the wrong sport as a junior, one whose mature body ended up being totally wrong for the original code.

As we have seen with say Pendles, that ball handling and that ability to beat an opponent can be invaluable . From Sams draft videos , he showed the ability to deceive an opponent. The nuance that is key to soccer, is almost alien to players in AFL.

If he did that well in the VFL in his first game at that level, it looks very good.

All we have to hope for now is that he survives the coaching on game plans etc etc that seem to stifle natural game playing sportsmen and make them cogs in the machine thats called an AFL team, sometimes to their detriment…

He at least has one trailblazer to thank;. Tippa…

2 Likes

Pretty good sign that he was even fit enough to play a game after being basically on stationary training till very recently. Let alone that he played a good game.

1 Like

Bring him in!

1 Like

Got through the game well with 1 year of Aussie rules behind him and next to no training. This kid could end up being anything.

1 Like

I was very impressed being at the ground. It was as if he’d already played a few games. Had no trouble with his touch, got many hit outs and definitely looked like he belonged out there. Can’t wait to see how this kid develops. He’s definitely got the tools.

4 Likes

BHI.

2 Likes

What’s his disposal like? And does he move around th ground okay?