Big Sammy Draper - #1 ruckman now #2

He’s ■■■■■■ huge. I imagine a few opposition ruckmen over the course of the year would have rocked up to the game, seen that and thought “are you serious?”. Seems to move all right too.

Hmmmmm … don’t need it for a third time

soccer players usually have good footwork with side steps and faints.

I’m excited for the young fella

Hoping he doesnt faint when he stands up. But feints when he sells the dummy. But seriously you are right. He is agile for a big guy and can ACTUALLY sidestep !!!

As above… do take the time to listen to that interview.

He’s on a plane from Adelaide on Wednesday morning.

We’ve drafted ruckmen as rookies before whose highlight reels are nowhere near as good as his.

He’ll probably be surprised when he lights up a durrie and pours himself a scotch in the meeting rooms, à la Don.

Says he grew this year too, so hopes that he is still growing… Nice.

At 203cm he may already be the tallest player on our list.

Can’t wait to see him Monster nic nat

At 3.55 check the dummy and sidestep. Like a rover.
The clean half volley pickup round his knees at 4.18
The steal and run at 4.28 lol. he outruns a smaller player, who doesnt even try to tackle him

Monster unit.

Draper vid actually looks ok. Plenty to work with.

• Can clunk it.
  • Capable of timing jumps and hit outs to advantage (volleyball touch helping here)
  • Clean enough at ground level
  • Kicking serviceable
  • Moves well for his size.
  • Big unit. Won’t get pushed around

Like.

Big Russian will be happy

He looks like he could he could eat Christian Bock!

Draper vid actually looks ok. Plenty to work with.
  • Can clunk it.
  • Capable of timing jumps and hit outs to advantage (volleyball spiking helping here)
  • Clean enough at ground level
  • Kicking serviceable
  • Moves well for his size.
  • Big unit. Won’t get pushed around

Like.

Tank?

Send him down to the Big Russian school of how to never accept being pushed around and look out in 2019

I like the fact that he’s uploaded his own highlights to YouTube.
We need more in your face arrogance.

We've drafted ruckmen as rookies before whose highlight reels are nowhere near as good as his.

He’ll probably be surprised when he lights up a durrie and pours himself a scotch in the meeting rooms, à la Don.

Tried too hard with that reference.

Very impressive video for someone who has only played for 8 months. Has great balance and composure. Actually weights his kicks well, and has nice soft hands. He is of course a man child at that level and has a long way to go. But ■■■■■■ hell 8 months, that’s truly amazing.

https://soundcloud.com/fiveaa/sam-draper-so-excited-to-be-joining-essendon-he-called-us

Great Interview, you can hear him smiling when he’s speaking.
I’m excited about this kid

I really enjoy access to these moments. The real excitement in these young men. Media training tends to dull this after a while and you lose touch with how much this means to them. Great listen.

Good pick

thats what rookie lists are made for

Yep - I’d pick a rookie ruckman & at least 1 benfti special every year - the rookie draft is for long shots - no vanilla mids!!!

Very impressive video for someone who has only played for 8 months. Has great balance and composure. Actually weights his kicks well, and has nice soft hands. He is of course a man child at that level and has a long way to go. But ■■■■■■ hell 8 months, that's truly amazing.

I think it’s great that he made the video of himself. He knows he’s a fringe prospect and has done all he can to get his name out there. Wonder if it made an impact in Dodoro’s journey to picking him.

Is Don, Is Good.

Draper made drawing to stallions mob not matter.

We needed a developing ruck and a back-up ruck.
In an ideal world, this would have been one & the same person, but hey…Smack not quite a long term ruck prospect, Draper not yet AFL-ready.