#38 Sam Draper

Loking at a replay of Q4 against Geelong, I noticed in 15 minutes he played, Draper twice took the ball out of the centre bounce and handballed to a passing mid for a clearance. This is something TBell rarely tries, but Draper looked particularly slick; almost Grundy-like ! Maybe it was possible because the umps were not recalling the ball when the bounce was askew, distinctly favouring one ruckman or the other.

Did he pluck it out of the air? The new rules allow them to do that now without giving up prior opportunity.

Did he pluck it out of the air?

No I checked again, He just showed nice hands in close with a couple of ground balls.

That’s even better. Most rucks struggle with the ground balls. Hopefully this kids turns out to be something.

That’s not an outlier; he does like being a big-bodied midfielder if there isn’t an initial clearance.

Bring him in

Is he the Big Bodied Midfielder we have been waiting for? Is he our new messiah?

He does have a bit of Grundy in him in that he can follow up. It looks scrappy but it’s effective

BRING HIM THE FARK IN

I can be a vindictive ■■■■■■■ sometimes.

I’d drop TBC and Smack, and bring in Draper and Zlarke.

Why?

It couldn’t hurt.

Draper’s time surely has come.

Will only get a game when either Worsfold is gone, or we’ve hit St Essington day.

Tough first up gig if it’s against Gawn

Big game next week.

Dunno if we should drop him from the Frankston game.

Yep.

It won’t happen this week, unless it’s McKernan he comes in for.

But if McKernan goes out… We all know it’ll be Clark coming in.

Next 4 weeks is

Gawn
S Martin
Goldy
Grundy

That’s a brutal month for a rookie ruckman. But at the same time, sheesh if tbc can handle it.

We may need to drop smack and play both tbc and draper. But as peos says it will be zlarke

Great, thats a dream apprenticeship for him. Will get the best LEARNINGS playing on the best ruckmen

IS IT TIME???

NOPE.

Fark you, and the other three ruckman you rode in on.