Big Sammy Draper - #1 ruckman now #2

I thought Draper was elevated?

If not that is not a great vote of confidence in his abilities from the club.

It’s a head scratcher that he hasn’t played at least 1 game considering his potential.

He better get games at some point soon I reckon. Considering how dominant he is at VFL level it’s hard to imagine he’s offer less than Bellchambers and Clarke are.

In a perfect world he needs to be our number 1 ruck by the end of the season.

1 Like

Doesn’t need to be elevated to play. The fact he’s still on the rookie list is a non-issue. He’ll get an elevation and a pay rise at the end of the year. Stress less.

10 Likes

If Bellchambers doesn’t lift his form then Draper will be our No1 ruckman by seasons end.

2 Likes

So is Draper a rookie? And can he come in next round?

Cat A rookies no longer need to be elevated to play AFL games, when it comes to selections they are treated like senior listed players. Cat B (alternate pathway talents) need to be elevated.

2 Likes

Yes and yes.

Mutch on the LTI, draper in.

DO IT

Will attract a stack of interest to return home at seasons end so hopefully we secure his long term future soon.

1 Like

Be one of the greatest list management blunders of all time if we lose this bloke. I’d pull the trigger and replace belly now to be honest

10 Likes

We have to start playing him, if he shows the same at AFL level we need to offer him a long term contract.

Get this ■■■■ into the seniors NOW!!!

6 Likes

From what I understand the Crows are very concerned that Jacobs could well hang up the boots at seasons end and O’Brien just hasn’t come on. The Crows have been monitoring Draper’s progression for some time and are even looking at bringing a ruckman in midseason

1 Like

Who replaces Smack and Mutch? Easy, Hooker and Draper. This kid Draper is ready. He just about got the VFL team into the 2018 Grand Final. Clarke is OK, but doesn’t compare to Draper in height, weight and marking ability despite his experience as a true ruckman.
My team for the Lions next Saturday.

Saad Hurley Ambrose
Francis Hooker McKenna
Zahaka Heppell McGrath
Smith TBell Stringer
Tippa Stewart Fantasia

Draper Shiel Merrett

Guelfi Parish Ridley Baguley

OUT: Myers Smack Mutch Clarke

2 Likes

no its not, the only certainty imo is draper.

we functioned much better when we had faster mids in the team. i’d look to bring in a begley or mynott off the back of todays vfl game.

We don’t need to LTI Mutch to BRING big Sam in. Just do it.

22 touches, 2 goals 1, dominant in the ruck BRING HIM TF IN!!!

1 Like

I would not replace Smack for Draper. Either Clarke or Bellchambers has to go for Draper to come in. No way can the team support three genuine rucks.

6 Likes

Draper should be in for one of Belly or Zlarke.

3 Likes

Who wants to be rested/general soreness/ illness?