Not #39 - Heath Hocking

So happy for him to have played in 1 more win this year. That makes all 10 of the returning players.

11 Likes

Tend to agree… Hocking played 1 game as a forward his entire career and slots 2 (and 2 goal assists)… Yes he looked terrible in the first half… But if we saw that game from Green we’d say “oh he’s so important etc”

He’s every bit a chance to keep his spot for next week…Doubtful… But you never know…

1 Like

Love this bloke so much. What a clubman.

That was a good performance from a bloke who played about five games in 2015, nil in 2016 and a couple earlier this year.

To find out after the warmup that you’re coming in and playing half forward is not easy, but he put in %110 and kicked some snags.

Never forget he was the first to re-sign.

24 Likes

I wouldn’t mind if he was left in for sydney.

4 Likes

Was a million miles behind the pace of the game - Did well to eke out 2 goals.

2 Likes

To be expected though. It’s not like he has had a few games to get the speed of AFL like Lav.

3 Likes

And if not for two awful failures to mark, could have been four!

Happy he got the opportunity — try not to get misty optically when you watch his BomberTV post-match interview.

3 Likes

So happy for him that he got a win and contributed with two big goals! Couldn’t meet a nicer and more deserving bloke. Will cherish the memory of his snap goal in the last that sent the members wing into a frenzy!

5 Likes

When you add in the fact that he’s clearly on his last legs, and had to play as a forward when he isn’t and never has been a forward…

That was a very impressive effort from heater.

10 Likes

Did as best as he possibly could given the situation

Kicked 2 and should have been paid a free in the second in our forward 50 which could have been resulted in a 3rd

Not sure if he stays in for Sydney but if it was his last game he sure as hell did the club proud

What is bullshit though is that he won’t be able to play in the seconds next week

2 Likes

Why? He has only played 2 games in the AFL, surely he qualifies for the finals?

1 Like

Could be wrong, but because he played yesterday he is ineligible for next week’s VFL game but could play the following

Sorry just checked the VFL thread…i was wrong, he is good to go!

2 Likes

Just watching the post game interview with him made me really happy he got the chance to come in for this game. Loved seeing the boys get around him for the first goal.

Can see how much it meant for him, even though he himself understands he probably might not play a further part. Absolute champ.

15 Likes

For a guy who has never been a forward i thought he did well.

Probably my favourite essendon player on the list so very happy to see him get a game yesterday and snag a couple

I would have no problem with him being brought in to hard tag kennedy against sydney. I dont care if he doesnt touch the ball, as long as kennedy doesnt either

8 Likes

what a fkn legend. seems like the best bloke.

12 Likes

Was this the last game for Heath Hocking?
Although his disposals weren’t shocking
His heart won us over
But slow as a mower
No contract in his Christmas Stocking?

4 Likes

Heath Hocking.

Midfielder
Ruckman
Forward.

Utility’s utility.

2 Likes

Good on him and he’s a great guy and did kick 2 goals, but fck me if he gets a gig in the finals I’m tipping Sydney by 10 goals+. He’s slow, imobile, can’t play midfield anymore and we’ve already got enough plodders in.

2 Likes

if its wet i wouldnt be unhappy with him playing if its the hardest tagging job thats ever tagged

1 Like