Not #39 - Heath Hocking

One of my favourite Essendon players. Just a pure heart and soul warrior. In his prime probably the 2nd best tagger in the comp. Could tag guys out of the game and still get the ball himself

8 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better.

His Beast-mode was awesome. One of my faves from the last decade.

Onya Buddha.

Thanks heater.

And ■■■■ you to hell, ASADA.

5 Likes

One of the most underrated players in our history. Sacrificed his own game to be a brilliant tagger when i reckon he could have been a great attacking mid. Beautiful skills and tough as nails. His goal vs freo this year was a highlight of the season for me. A team like brisbane or the suns could do a lot worse than get him into their club. I hope he gets another crack sonewhere. One of the few players who gave absolutely everything every single time.

3 Likes

Should have been playing in Myers spot all year, and Myers should have been the one delisted not him, no wonder this club can’t win a ■■■■■■■ final.

All the best Heaf.

Warrior sums it up nicely. Gave it everything.

Thanks Heath, good luck with where life takes you from here.

Loved what he did for us at his peak. Love the fact that we have cut him.

1 Like

T7NE9II.gif

15 Likes

2nd in our 2010 B&F, seriously good effort. His best was substantially better than a few of the guys from his era who are still on the list.

2 Likes

34 Likes

I forgot about that mark but strangely what I do remember fron that game was that hardwick was coaching from the MCG server room for some reason.

1 Like

Carved him self out a good career very underrated, tough, disciplined a very team orientated player. Also it can’t ever be forgotten that he was the first bomber to recommit. A great Essendon person, thanks Heater, all the best.

3 Likes

Farked ■■■■■ up.

As noted, lovely in person. His dad has been to all (?) of his VFL games this year and is a sharp guy.

1 Like

Aw no, not Heath Hocking! Thanks for the memories and loyalty. Sad that he didn’t get to play more senior games this season. #Great Player #Tough.

1 Like

Said to see him go, the first to sign back up after the ASADA stitchup. Need more players with his attitude/hardness at the contest.

Also had the pleasure of meeting Heath - top bloke, great club man. Agree that he played a vital role of support for our mids, as well as winning plenty himself. I felt his re-signing showed true loyalty & helped stick it up the media flogs who were all sprouting on about a ‘mass exodus’ !
Thanks Heater- sad to see you go- good luck for the future!

9 Likes

one of the few guys on our list who had a bit of nastiness about him on the field. I will miss you Heath. Really hope he gets picked up by another team

1 Like

As a few others have said, Heath was/is a warrior.

Enjoyed very much watching you play. Sad to see you go, all the best for the next chapter of your life.,

2 Likes