Ex #39 Trent Mynott - you’re cut

Sorry got too excited :joy:

Was that the final I posted above or a different game?

Yeh the final Eastern v Dandenong, i couldn’t find any others.

The common theme that has emerged from three out of four of our draft picks is their kicking skills are considered first class / elite. Mynott has been selected with a long view in mind of becoming an inside mid in about 3 years time. There is no need to rush him. Plenty of scope for development. Good luck to you Trent, blitz 'em.

6 Likes

Dylan Moore
I was watching it wondering if we would grab him. They couldnt believe he slid so much

Yeah… I was a bit intoxicated on draft night, and got a bit upset when we didn’t select him.

But after settling down and detoxing, I figured another small midfielder probably wasn’t our most needed player type.

2 Likes

Can we move this thread to the Hangar with all the other player threads?

1 Like
1 Like

Nicknames suggestion:
Given he needs to put on weight, and in a sideways nod to Irish rock of the ‘70’s,
Thin Lizzie

Had my first real look at him yesterday in Frankston.

As mentioned in the VFL thread he didn’t really come into the game until the second half but did some nice things.

High energy type player that has no fear and reads the drop of the ball well around stoppages.

Needs to work on decision making a little as he was selling his teammates into trouble at times but that will come with more experience and also understanding with your teammates.

I’m not sure if he had an off day but his kicking was his biggest issue I could see. Action looks ok but several kicks were shanked under relatively little duress.

Overall we have something to work with though.

4 Likes

30 touches on the weekend and I’d say he has gone under the radar a bit, I think his stats this year would compare pretty well to Mutch and Clarke last year

8 Likes

I have literally never seen him on field, it’s like he is playing under an invisibility cloak. Needs some dreads or a bleached blonde rinse or something

Kid will be a player. Has some very nice attributes.

The ability to get 30 and still remain anonymous.

2 Likes

According to Footy live stats:

Mynott this year (9 games): 9 kicks, 11 handballs, 4 tackles (3 goals for the year)
Clarke last year (18 games): 7 kicks, 11 handballs, 5 tackles (2 goals for the year)
Mutch last year (18 games): 14 kicks, 7 handballs, 3 tackles (3 goals for the year)

8 Likes

Well what do you know they DO compare well :wink:

1 Like

Not really a fair comparison: Clarke was a forward (who was afraid to kick) and Mynott has been a mid.

1 Like

Mynott has been more mid but I wouldn’t say he has played big chunks of time in there, for overall game time id say he has had the least compared to Mutch and Clarke’s first year.

Who is this bloke? Is he on our list?

His name is Trent Mynott and he is very good. Selected as a rookie (a Darren Bewick recommendation) inside midfielder. He plays in #39 and I have been guitly of thinking that Hocking was having a good game but Hocking now plays in #77.

7 Likes