Ex #39 Trent Mynott - you’re cut

Could be good, could be the next Will Hams.
Desperate, see ball get ball type, but his possessions are a bit scrappy, and usually in packs - that’s why he’s relatively anonymous.
Build him up and see next year.

4 Likes

The problem with these three is they don’t kick enough goals. We need goal kicking mids.

Trent?

Mynott.

2 Likes

All three are inside mids or in Mutch’s case, both inside and outside.

It’s the Merretts,Heppell,Langford’s and Smith’s of our midfield that need to hit the scoreboard more often.

I like Trent, think he will be a good midfielder…reads it well at stoppages.

Mutch is the best of the kids…just needs to believe he belongs in the AFL

1 Like

All three of them are a little vanilla, in a good way, kinda. Their problem atm is, they are are all mids who haven’t shown any ‘weapons’ and can’t really play anywhere else and so their opportunities will be limited.

1 Like

Mynott’s best weapon at the moment is his timing, which is lovely. Holds back on his disposal to give the receiver the best possible chance. Specially by hand. A very nice skill to have. Like the look of this kid.

8 Likes

Definitely seems really balanced with how he moves and disposes of footy.

IT’S TIME

I’ll be honest he is a hard one to spot on field, his kicking looks neat, can hang in the air bit though that should improve in time

How was he today

I thought he was good.

Looked alright. Strong competitor, has the sort of mongrel we’re after.

Watched him closely today and he impressed, goes after the ball well and hunts the opposition too, has a few tricks as as well.

He went up for a speccy and almost pulled it down, seems nifty around the goals, has some good evasive footwork and seems like a smart users in and around the clinches. Based on what I’ve seen is the equal of Clark and Mutch, albeit a year behind; probably has a higher ceiling and more versatility - think Guelfi.

2 Likes

How is his pace and his kicking?

He’s a good size by the looks of him. 185cm and not a complete lightweight.

Pace didn’t really stand out to me either way. One thing I’ve noticed with his kicking is that it hangs occasionally, but he would be an average kick, probably more damaging than Mutch but not as consistent, though I haven’t noticed if he is as dual-sided yet.

1 Like

23 disposals and a goal against Collingwood, think he will be in for a big year next year

10 Likes

I like this kid.

2 Likes

Do you rate him?

He will be better than Mutch or Clarke. Guelfi like but a better clearance player. Has a few tricks. Is another Darren Bewick pick.

3 Likes