#4 Jobe Freakin' Watson

WATSON%20Jobe.png

Season Highlights
32 disps (15 kicks 17 hballs), 8 marks and 4 tackles in Rd 20 53-pt loss to West Coast at Etihad Stadium (11 Aug 2013)
31 disps (19 kicks 12 hballs) and 6 marks in Rd 19 79-pt loss to Collingwood at the MCG (4 Aug 2013)
29 disps (16 kicks 13 hballs), 5 marks, 5 tackles and 2 goals in Rd 14 7-pt win over West Coast at Patersons Stadium (27 Jun 2013)
28 disps (15 kicks 13 hballs), 4 marks, 5 tackles and 3 goals in Rd 9 29-pt win over Richmond at the MCG (25 May 2013)
29 disps (15 kicks 14 hballs), 7 marks, 4 tackles and a goal in Rd 8 10-pt loss to Brisbane at Etihad Stadium (18 May 2013)
30 disps (21 kicks 9 hballs) and 5 tackles in Rd 7 28-pt loss to Geelong at Etihad Stadium (10 May 2013)
37 disps (15 kicks 22 hballs) and 2 goals in Rd 4 37-pt win over St Kilda at Etihad Stadium (20 Apr 2013)
38 disps (19 kicks 19 hballs), 6 marks and 3 goals in Rd 2 148-pt win over Melbourne at the MCG (6 Apr 2013)
34 disps (23 kicks 11 hballs), 3 marks and a goal in Rd 1 35-pt win over Adelaide at AAMI Stadium (22 Mar 2013)

11/10.

BOOOOOOOO! :P

Was sensational again this season, handled pressure as good as anyone I've ever seen!

Sublime.

There are no words. Our Ali.

This man is the heart and spirit of the Essendon Football Club.  After this season has to be considered on par with his old man.  A true Essendon champion.

The club tweeted a pic of me getting his autograph. Not gonna lie, one of the best moments of my life

Dude's a champ. 

If you don't like it, then i will fight you.

Another 9/10.

Can't help but wonder what might have been had he not said that stuff about AOD. I know in the end it was proved clear but the media storm was dying off at the time.

Missed 3 weeks with a broken collarbone then gets rushed back in and dominates again. Will go deep into the brownlow, would go top 2-3 if we had have won a coulpe of the games at the end of the season.

Son of a gun & a gun of a son.

First Class on & off the ground.

WATSON%20Jobe.png

Season Highlights
32 disps (15 kicks 17 hballs), 8 marks and 4 tackles in Rd 20 53-pt loss to West Coast at Etihad Stadium (11 Aug 2013)
31 disps (19 kicks 12 hballs) and 6 marks in Rd 19 79-pt loss to Collingwood at the MCG (4 Aug 2013)
29 disps (16 kicks 13 hballs), 5 marks, 5 tackles and 2 goals in Rd 14 7-pt win over West Coast at Patersons Stadium (27 Jun 2013)
28 disps (15 kicks 13 hballs), 4 marks, 5 tackles and 3 goals in Rd 9 29-pt win over Richmond at the MCG (25 May 2013)
29 disps (15 kicks 14 hballs), 7 marks, 4 tackles and a goal in Rd 8 10-pt loss to Brisbane at Etihad Stadium (18 May 2013)
30 disps (21 kicks 9 hballs) and 5 tackles in Rd 7 28-pt loss to Geelong at Etihad Stadium (10 May 2013)
37 disps (15 kicks 22 hballs) and 2 goals in Rd 4 37-pt win over St Kilda at Etihad Stadium (20 Apr 2013)
38 disps (19 kicks 19 hballs), 6 marks and 3 goals in Rd 2 148-pt win over Melbourne at the MCG (6 Apr 2013)
34 disps (23 kicks 11 hballs), 3 marks and a goal in Rd 1 35-pt win over Adelaide at AAMI Stadium (22 Mar 2013)

Is it just me or did you leave out ANZAC day? 31 touches, 2 goals, 8 clearances, 15 contested possessions.

Trying to think of something constructive to say but my complete adoration is preventing cognitive thought.

:slight_smile:

Is a champion among champions. Easily the best leader of men that I have seen in any walk of life.

He has taken so much ■■■■■ this year and stood up where us mere mortals would have crumbled under the pressure.

We often use the term 'Hero' too casually when referring to sports people, but Jobe is a true hero in every sense of the word. The kind of bloke you would want beside you in the trenches. 

Stronger of the field than on. And that is saying something.

Was a shoe in for the Brownlow until injured.

With his added goal kicking he can now do it all.

leg·end  (lebreve.gifjprime.gifschwa.gifnd)

n.

2. One that inspires legends or achieves legendary fame.

cham·pi·on

4. One who fights; a warrior.

he·ro  (hîrprime.gifomacr.gif)n. pl. he·roes
1. In mythology and legend, a man, often of divine ancestry, who is endowed with great courage and strength, celebrated for his bold exploits,

2. A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed

gen·tle·man  (jebreve.gifnprime.giftl-mschwa.gifn)n.

2. A well-mannered and considerate man with high standards of proper behavior.

leg·end  (lebreve.gifjprime.gifschwa.gifnd)

n.

2. One that inspires legends or achieves legendary fame.

cham·pi·on

4. One who fights; a warrior.

he·ro  (hîrprime.gifomacr.gif)n. pl. he·roes
1. In mythology and legend, a man, often of divine ancestry, who is endowed with great courage and strength, celebrated for his bold exploits,

2. A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed

gen·tle·man  (jebreve.gifnprime.giftl-mschwa.gifn)n.

2. A well-mannered and considerate man with high standards of proper behavior.

I dont have the words, but the above ar an excellent summary. In my mind the best in the league.

He is a Watson, and has lived up to all expectations, as lofty as those might be. Will still poll high in the Chas despite the injury. Great leader and as inspirational a captain at EFC as l have seen. No other player in the history of the game hs been under pressure as great as him, and his response to it all was magnificent, led by example. 

LEGEND.

He, more than any other captain in the history of our great club, deserves to wear a premiership medallion around his neck.

He, more than any other captain in the history of our great club, deserves to wear a premiership medallion around his neck.

Yep. 
Love this bloke, he is everything you could ever aspire to be.

#nohomo