#4 Jobe Freakin' Watson

The winner of the Creighton Medal with great pleasure, Jobe Watson.

*sigh*

I remember last year when he met an essendon fan with a terminal illness on the footy show, the humility, grace and genuine warmth he showed towards the poor kid, making him feel special and wanted, and also putting the spotlight on the kid as being the real hero - just so much class. How he can be hated and booed by other clubs is beyond me… As far as a role model of a person goes, he is streets ahead of most other AFL captians.

I remember last year when he met an essendon fan with a terminal illness on the footy show, the humility, grace and genuine warmth he showed towards the poor kid, making him feel special and wanted, and also putting the spotlight on the kid as being the real hero - just so much class. How he can be hated and booed by other clubs is beyond me.... As far as a role model of a person goes, he is streets ahead of most ALL other AFL captians.

Edited for accuracy.

Inspirational leader and a brilliant player.

Wouldn't swap for any other player in the league.

Showing promise, should be a half decent player some day.

Comparisons between him and that diving, cheating, sore loser Selwood make me sick.

The best, Jerry. The best.

Sometimes you can just tell that someone is a genuine champion on and off the field.

#somehomo

Without a doubt, the best captain in the AFL. Imo, in the best two in the competiton.

Like someone mentioned before, just needs a premiership medal to cap off his sensational career. He still has time for that and boy, I cannot wait till that day.

Nicest guy at Essendon after Fletch.

Get a ticket to the Crichton, or sponsor a player next year and meet him.

He’s lovely.

My vocab isn't vast enough to be able to describe the amount of man love I have for this bloke. 

True champion of the game. Has shown his grit and determination on and off the field.  Yet always polite, well mannered and honest. How he didn't get best captain is absolutely beyond my comprehension.

I never thought I could have so much admiration for an AFL player the way I do for Jobe Watson. He has been great and I truly believe he would be great in anything he would have chosen to do in life.  It is the inner self that has catapulted him to such a status and that inner self is the essence of doing great things in any chosen field.

The best. Plus what everyone else has said x1,000,000.

Geek, it looks like you’re wearing a Carlton jumper. Not cool.

Geek, it looks like you're wearing a Carlton jumper. Not cool.

Whilst it's admirable that you love him 1,000,000 more than the rest of of, this isn't a competition you know

:P :P :P

Geek, it looks like you're wearing a Carlton jumper. Not cool.

Whilst it's admirable that you love him 1,000,000 more than the rest of of, this isn't a competition you know

:P :P :P

It is a competition. I love Jobe infinity x more than anyone else.
I win....and I feel 5 again. ;-)

Champion who needs more in and under support otherwise he’ll have another injury. Our mids have to share the load so that we can have him play well into his 30s.

I want him to hold that trophy above his head...I will cry if it happens

He holds the team together. Without him we drop off significantly. Great player and great person.