Former #4 Jobe Watson

Biggest concern of the first 6 games he played.

Yep. That dinky kick in the backline straight to Geelong was terrible. It was the wrong time to pin point that type of pass.

Everything else was perfect. In particular his defensive pressure.

As with Zaka, hopefully he can back it up over the next few weeks.

Watching the replay now, bar that shocker at the end of the first half his kicking has been very very good. Getting those 45 degree kicks and deadly long handballs back.

2 Likes

Not just that, his ability to distribute the ball from the bottom of the pack is a weapon. I’m not just talking about a dinky little throw, I’m talking about getting it to an outside runner.

Guys still got it.

1 Like

Really really good game from Jobe today.

I love that he is now a side show in a very talented list. He is playing like he has the weight of the world off his shoulders, he doesn’t need to rally the troops anymore, we don’t need to always look for him when we need a lift.

He was superb today.

14 Likes

One of our best today. Clearance work back to his best.

5 Likes

His pressure was great and laid some big tackles.

30 possessions. Heaps of contested footy won

Well done Jobey!

4 Likes

Yep, his best game for the year in my view.

It will be very very interesting to see if he can back it up vs Richmond. Mind you I think the coaching staff has been changing the inside / outside loads of our clearance mids. Might be Jobes turn for less of a role in the centre next week.

1 Like

Best game for the year? I think so…

2 Likes

Getting there.
His story’s not over yet.

I hope the crowd gets behind his first goal for the year.
The team, too.

7 Likes

Finally the vegan diet is kicking in!

10 Likes

30 possessions + 5 tackles. Only 2 clangers. And he’s upped his game time to 79% too. He’s building. And now with him and Zaka finally performing our midfield runs a ton deeper.

7 Likes

as if you’d ever doubt him

champion.

2 Likes

Hmm, seems legit, user name checks out!

3 Likes

Hi Jobe Hi

2 Likes

Topped our clearances and contested today with no fuss. He worked very hard for the team today.

1 Like

Hey you people who wanted him dropped for Anzac Day, said he was done, basically retired him etc.

From the bottom of my heart, and with the greatest of sincerity, go ■■■■ yourself.

8 Likes

Mrs Deck during the game:

“Looks like Jobey’s the one that got a little extra sausage recently…”

I know - don’t ask me, I have no idea what she meant.

3 Likes

Jobe back doing what he does best - winning clearances. No coincidence that we belted them. Keep up the good work around the stoppages and we are going to be hard to beat. But we all knew that didn’t we?

5 Likes