Former #4 Jobe Watson

Unfortunately there will be no fairytale finish for him this year.

Tried his guts out but ■■■■ did he make some dumb mistakes (not the only one)

thought jobe was one of our only creative handballers who tried his guts out to get us going in the third

1 Like

As soon as that crap “throw” was paid against him, everything went downhill for him.

I don’t understand what’s happened to his decision making. It’s not like he’s missing kicks by a few metres, he’s basically nailing opposition players uncontested with lace out kicks. Hope he still has a few good games in him for old times sakes.

Jobe wasn’t the worst player out there but it wasn’t his best game unfortunately.

Agree he still has a couple of games in him where he’ll be impactful but this is his last season.

He’s always been slow but this year he looks even slower and his disposal is deserting him.

Anyone who thinks we can carry that next season is a fan boi or on the good stuff.

7 Likes

I don’t believe that yet.

I think there’s every chance he’s back to the levels BJ is currently at before the seasons out, and is still a real chance to go on next year.

2 Likes

Just too slow now.

1 Like

But didn’t look too slow last week.

2 Likes

We’ll know more as we get deep into the season.

If his disposal improves, and he really starts impacting games again, then yeah he might be a chance for next year.

If he drops off, or tires badly… Then yep, this is it.

2 Likes

Yes he did. Just that his disposal was better

Wouldn’t write the champ off just yet.

3 Likes

If anything’s changed over the last couple of years, it’s that you can’t carry too many slow midfielders and that’s killing our returning mids.

You can probably have three max, but you’ve got have spread.

Not good for having both Jobe and Myers in the same team.

4 Likes

Disposal was good, seemed to have time, tackled really well. Looked like Jobe Watson again.

1 Like

Last night?
Couldn’t fault his effort but was ordinary by foot

A sign that a player is coming to the end unfortunately,

I love Jobe but he’s finished imo.

1 Like

Nah, last week. Last night and not for the first time this season, Jobe and many others seem to be drilling the ball short and low…but unfortunately their teammates aren’t always on the end of it. That and a lot of ridiculous handballs helped Richmond have 23 shots from turnovers last night.

this team needs as many players who handball to where the player is going not to where they were as we can get, Jobe is one of those players

1 Like