Former #4 Jobe Watson

Needs a hamburger.

1 Like

I think watson is a champion person and a essendon champion but not a AFL champion if that makes sense.

Makes a lot of sense.

I also highly doubt any player or coach (except teflon goodwin) involved with the saga will get near AFL HoF or legends status.

1 Like

[quote=“barnz, post:4690, topic:220, full:true”]
Makes a lot of sense.

I also highly doubt any player or coach (except teflon goodwin) involved with the saga will get near AFL HoF or legends status.
[/quote]Dean Robinson’s settlement probably included a clause guaranteeing him a HOF induction and then having it renamed to the Dean Robinson Hall of Fame.

Nick Maxwell runs on the ground, interferes with play, and says Hi.
Remembered more fondly than what?
A case of piles?

Maybe he should take a leaf out of his dad’s book and take a year off. Oh, that’s right…

Jobe has been a great player for our club thru a dark dark period, one we won’t look back on fondly, but he is at the finish line, he has maybe 8 or so games left in him, hopefully he can produce a couple of gems before the season finishes.

1 Like

Is on the footy show and making some sort of announcement tonight. Anyone know?

Can’t imagine he would save anything serious for that program.

Sounds a bit ominous on the back of last weeks game just quietly, … hope I’m wrong.

not a football announcement by the sounds of it. Something to do with a young bloke who Jobe’s been working with outside of football.

I’d be fairly comfortable and confident that Jobe wouldn’t be making any announcements about his future one way or another through that steaming pile of a television production.

4 Likes

As if he is going to go on TFS to announce his retirement and not have a press conference at Essendon.

LOLz, short memories given the fellating he got here for the inside handballs etc against Port.

He’s definitely retired now. Will be named in the team prior to the Footy Show so as not to give the secret away, but following his announcement will pull out so one of the emergencies can take his spot.

Yeh. Nah, hes got references from the PM and Waleed Ali and now the AFL reduce his penalty by half.

I want our players to have nothing to do with the footy show.

7 Likes

I’m very surprised that Jobe is going on tonight TBH.

After the debacle of last week’s show (or the week before) i’m very surprised a person of Jobe’s intellect would go on.

Its staggering considering the hat he wore when he announced his return to go on a show that bigoted.

We haven’t had a “I hate the Footy Show but I watch it every week” thread in a while so I don’t know what happened.

What happened?

Que??

Fairly confident that Hird will

1 Like

I havent seen it but saw the news reports.

They made a joke about Sam looking like Caitlyn Jenner - and he proceeded to fumble his words and ended up calling her “it”.

Deplorable, and should have got more news attention it seems. But the world has gone past this show.

In terms of footy shows this now ranks very very low on the watchable list. AFL 360, On the Couch much better.