Former #4 Jobe Watson

Oh, you thought I was being serious. Good for you!

man those shots of hurley. he looks devastated.

1 Like

pure class
Head and shoulders above the dross in the room
Thanks for coming back for 1 more year Jobe
A true champion of the club

4 Likes

A legend of our club. Courageous, skilful, honest - a true leader. Hope we can muster a finals win for him.

Dross is harsh. Some of our other players are pretty good. :wink:

There are footballers who are decent blokes.
There are footballers who have a breadth of vision and thinking,both on and off the field,that makes them memorable.
There are footballers who are humble and self deprecating, even when winning the highest awards.
There are footballers who play beyond themselves for the team and their mates.
There are footballers who face adversity and don’t succumb.

It is incredibly rare to see all that in one person.
Vale Jobe, and best wishes

12 Likes

LID OFF JOBE. TELL THE STORY.

1 Like

And have Jobe kick ONE

Devastated

Doesn’t look like he’ll miss football but football will miss him.

10 Likes

yeah let’s smash those farkers for jobe and the footy club

How can he be so polite to the media who have denigrated him non-stop for 4 years. Respect.

Tanner is right. The club’s debt to him is immeasurable. I hope there are plans to honour him in a timely and wholly appropriate fashion.
The man is a legend.

4 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that myself.

Really wish some of those players had tweeted some support January 2016 or when they took his Brownlow.

6 Likes

IF Fletch’s son goes father son, what years draft would he be in?

Next year’s.

Oh ■■■■! I’ve just watched the BomberTV footage of Jobe telling his teammates that he’s retiring.
What a wonderful leader and a caring and considerate human being.

…my hatred of the AFL administration knows no bounds and never will until I die!

Thanks Jobey. Love ya mate!!

9 Likes

Farewell to a great Essendon Champion, Brownlow Medalist and all round great bloke who’s career was ruined by a disgusting AFL witch hunt. I wish Jobe Watson massive success in his future endevours.

2 Likes

This list shows where he sits of Essendon greats well IMV:

Leading Essendon W.S.Crichton Medal Winners

Bill Hutchison, King Richard Reynolds (7)
_ James Hird (5)_
_ Simon Madden, Tim Watson (4)_
_ Jobe Watson, Graham Moss, Tom Fitzmaurice, Barry Davis, Wally Buttsworth, John Birt, (3)_

He would’ve undoubtedly won more in different circumstances too.

All great players in their own ways, and almost all with more EFC success than Jobe (Graham Moss the exception). Tom Fitzmaurice was also involved in controversy and decided to leave. But none have had to endure, as a player, the ongoing derision of the mob. Not only did Jobe cop it, with his AOD comments he stood up as captain and drew the fire to him. Anzac analogies are dangerous, but if footy had a VC, he deserves it.

1 Like

You guys aren’t talking enough about what Jobe has done for the Essendon brand.

3 Likes