Former #4 Jobe Watson

Please take that down.

That’s torture to observe

True warrior

Please don’t. l find this an exceptional picture of Jobe.

3 Likes

Jobe was seen shopping at South Melbourne Market, reported by the Butchers at Ralph’s who are Bomber supporters that they made sure he got the best cuts of MEAT!!!

4 Likes

That dog of his must eat like a king.

10 Likes

Just watched Jobe on the Front Bar. Now I haven’t seen much of the show this year but apparently Judd had been a regular. Well he was on as well as Jobe tonight, but ■■■■ me - Jobe just kills this guy for media appeal.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Was Jobe officially engaged before last night, because that sounded either like an announcement or a proposal.

RUOK, @Koala?

1 Like

I’ll be offering my celebrant services. If I can’t marry him, i can… marry him?! :stuck_out_tongue:

34 Likes

“…and do you, Jobe-wan, take this clearly inferior bint to be your substitute for someone who HAS TRULY LOVED YOU YOUR WHOLE FARKING LIFE”?

24 Likes

That speech last night was just class. He’s close to the best person to ever be associated with our club, He’s part of the upper echelon of humanity and we are better for being guided by him.

17 Likes

Just watched his speech. Wow, he looked so relaxed and happy, looked about 10 years younger. Good for him. What an absolute champ.

4 Likes

Btw does anyone know if his Mrs is quick

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Interesting to consider, no Saga, no Virginia …

Just goes to prove, you never know what is ultimately a good thing or a bad thing in life.

Perhaps it is just what you make of it.

It sounds like he made the worst pre-game speech of all time into a life changing philosophy for himself.

7 Likes

Did he shave that neck beard thing he’s had going on?

Oops, maybe we are jumping the gun …

Jobe Watson’s declaration of love to girlfriend Virginia Slaghekke not an engagement announcement

Herald Sun
October 6, 2017 4:34pm
Subscriber only

RETIRING Essendon great Jobe Watson swooned about his love for model girlfriend Virginia Slaghekke in his gushing retirement speech at the club’s best and fairest last night, but wedding bells aren’t sounding yet.

Slaghekke’s Melbourne modelling agent and manager, Matthew Anderson, from Chadwick Models, denied that the pair are already engaged, but said the couple are enjoying each other’s company since Watson’s retirement from AFL.

“I can confirm they are not engaged, but they are very happy together and are looking forward to an overseas trip together soon,” Anderson said.

Watson, who approached Slaghekke in a New York cafe last year, was glowing in his speech in Melbourne last night.

“Virginia I would like to thank you for everything that you have shown me in life,” he said.

“For the experiences that we have had. I am so thankful I have been able to show you what 15 years of my life has been about.
Jobe Watson leaves the field after playing his last AFL match. Picture: Matt King.

“To be able to share my last year of football with you and to know I am going to share the rest of my life with you is what I really am so excited about.

“To you, I love you and thank you very much.”
Virginia Slaghekke smiles as Jobe Watson declares his love. Picture: Bomber TV
Jobe Watson declares his love for girlfriend at Essendon Best and Fairest. Picture: Bomber TV

The speech was met with cheers and applause from the crowd.

The room was in awe, as Watson retold the story of how they met and their first date at a Brooklyn bar.

“I saw an attractive girl sitting across the table from me and I thought: ‘I could go home and leave the cafe right now or I could write my number on a napkin and give it to her’,” he said.

“I chased her out of the cafe and tapped her on the shoulder and said ‘My name’s Jobe and here’s my number’.

“Six weeks later she called me back and asked if I’d go out on a date.”

Watson joked Slaghekke thought he was unemployed when they first met.

“Three hours into the date she asked me what I did, and I was very coy about what I did and she thought I was unemployed,” he said.

During the 12-minute speech Watson also thanked his Essendon team mates, who went through the club’s drug scandal in 2012.

“You can build really strong foundations of a football club with the people who are here now with this football club,” he said.

“Particularly the guys who were there in 2012 and who went through what we went through and the bond that we have, it’s a lifetime bond of a shared experience that everyone has come out stronger from and the lessons people have been able to learn and the kind of character people have gained and the type of people that those guys are.

“It will always be a very special bond that I have with you guys. I will always be there for any of you and we will always be friends.”

Watson admitted he would be “difficult to be around sometimes”.

“I’m sure I was a pain in the ■■■ when I was young, I know I was a pain in the ■■■ when I was old,” he said.

“I never won a trainer’s award but I know I’m not too bad a bloke.

“I can be grumpy, but I like to have a laugh. I like to see the lighter side of life. I have hopefully be able to contribute in a positive way to other people’s career.”
Jobe Watson also thanked the club and his fans for their support throughout his career. Picture: Bomber TV

He recounted walking into the club well before he was old enough to remember much.

“I was taken in, carried in, the football club played such a huge part of my life and I have such fond memories growing up around the football club,” Watson said.

“That was what life was for me — It was going to the footy, watching dad play, going down to the rooms and being part of this football culture.

“I look back on now and think how fortunate it was for a young boy to spend his youth growing up around a football club.”

Watson said he enjoyed coming back to see the development in the younger players this season.

“I am really envious that I am not 24-years-old and I could have grown with this group, because I can see the talent and the quality of people this year,” he said.

He also took a moment to thank the fans who have supported him throughout his career.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/jobe-waston-engagement-did-essendon-great-propose-to-girlfriend-virginia-slaghekke/news-story/6c23d823758a16622f028c1b34cfc4e4

9 Likes

Anyone see the video interview of jobe and his gf at the Crichon medal?
No wonder why he went vegan and destroyed his body for his girlfriend. His girlfriend is banging. I’d do the same.

She might be too old for you though bud…:sunglasses:

8 Likes

lol “banging”. This is a 12 year old talking.

2 Likes

Lol would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that first date

How exactly do you explain to a girl you just met you’re the greatest legend of the last five years of a national sport on the other side of the country and adored by thousands of fans around the world hahahaha

1 Like