Former #4 Jobe Watson

Anyone know why he is not doing the full training? I don't think it could be just nursing him, as he would be doing at least some of the match simulation and just missing some. Would be surprising if it was a strain type injury related to running or kicking as he had such a good base.

He’s actually looking pretty good. More maybe about a balance for him possibly given his age.

Are Kelly and Goddard being "balanced"differently?

Anyone know why he is not doing the full training? I don't think it could be just nursing him, as he would be doing at least some of the match simulation and just missing some. Would be surprising if it was a strain type injury related to running or kicking as he had such a good base.

He’s actually looking pretty good. More maybe about a balance for him possibly given his age.

Are Kelly and Goddard being "balanced"differently?

Kelly and Goddard have played forty games each over the last two years.
Jobe has only played ten?

Jobe needs match fitness rather than just training. Same with the other guys all coming back from their bans.

A personal story, front page news in the SUN, Jobe, looking very happy. Its good news, Jobes GF Virginia has arrived in Melbourne. I hope the press sleezebags give them some space.

A personal story, front page news in the SUN, Jobe, looking very happy. Its good news, Jobes GF Virginia has arrived in Melbourne. I hope the press sleezebags give them some space.

Girlfriend in town might be why jobes on a restricted program;-)
Don’t over do it.

Needing an ab workout program eh?

Jealous ?

Jealous ?

Ahhh nup. Abs are ship shape thanks. :wink:

Jealous ?

Mine too. Built like a harbour tug.

Jealous ?

Mine too. Built like a harbour tug.

Just like we want Jobes to be, as I’m sure they will.

The “program” will do him the world of good, … (so long as he gets enough rest).

When would a decision on skip normally be announced?

When would a decision on skip normally be announced?

After it’s been made :stuck_out_tongue:

I misunderstood the Harbour tug thing, … didn’t I?

I misunderstood the Harbour tug thing, .. didn't I?

A tug in the harbour is safe …

so long as you don’t get caught

I misunderstood the Harbour tug thing, .. didn't I?

Yes, I think you did.

How Jobe Watson caught his New York girlfriend’s eye with a napkin

COFFEE has played a pivotal role in Essendon star Jobe Watson’s life in the past year.
He dabbled as a barista while living in New York during his 2016 hiatus from football and the enticing brew led to him meeting his girlfriend, Virginia Slaghekke.
Slaghekke, 26, in an exclusive interview with the Sunday Herald Sun, has told how she and Watson met in the heart of the Big Apple in August.
“We met in a coffee shop in New York. He was having breakfast and he ran after me with his number on a napkin,” Slaghekke said. :slight_smile:
“Power to the napkin. He was very nervous when he did it, but it worked out well.’’
The statuesque beauty, who speaks six languages, has moved to Melbourne for six months to further her studies in neuroscience at Deakin University.
Also a successful model, having worked in London, Paris, Milan and New York over the past 13 years, Slaghekke has signed with Melbourne’s prestigious Chadwick Models.
“My study is my priority, of course. However, I am really excited to be with them (Chadwick Models),” she said.
Slaghekke said she had already applied to study in Melbourne before meeting Watson.
“Last March I got an email, when it was really cold outside, offering an exchange in Australia,” she said.
“So I applied and I got accepted in September and here I am.”
She finishes her four-year course next year and is looking to study medicine.
Slaghekke said she had no idea of Watson’s sporting career and his celebrity status in Melbourne when they met. And footy is still something of a mystery to her.
“I did not know of the existence of AFL until a few months ago,” she said. “The way I know Jobe is from New York and there he is just Jobe. He is just Jobe to me.” :slight_smile:
She is definitely planning to attend Essendon games this year.
“I am really excited to experience it,” she said.
“I have never seen him actually play. I have seen him kick a football once in a living room, which was not a huge success. It was in New York and it was a really small apartment and then I asked him if he really played football after that.”
Slaghekke said there were many highlights during her 13 years in the fashion industry.
“Working for Italian Vogue was a dream come true, (and) working for L’Oreal, which I still have a contract with, was great.”
Born in the Netherlands, Slaghekke was scouted as a model at 13. She quickly found success and has worked with photographers such as Ellen von Unwerth, appeared in publications including Vogue and Marie Claire and worked for leviathan brands including Cartier and L’Oreal.
Chadwick Models director Matthew Anderson said he was ­delighted to welcome her.
“We are thrilled that Virginia has decided to join us at Chadwicks,” he said.
When we met I was immediately impressed and felt she would resonate with some of our key clients. It is not often that we get an international model of her calibre in Melbourne for a significant amount of time.”

Hope she enjoys it.

(will also get to see that we love Jobe too which will be nice for her :slight_smile: )

and a big thanks to bigallan for putting me onto the google thing. :slight_smile:

Maybe the year off in NYC might turn out to be the best thing that’s ever happened to Jobe?

Maybe the year off in NYC might turn out to be the best thing that's ever happened to Jobe?

Absolutely, sliding doors n all that.

If he didn’t get unjustly suspended, he would have never met her.

And um…she’s stunning!

“I have never seen him actually play. I have seen him kick a football once in a living room, which was not a huge success. It was in New York and it was a really small apartment and then I asked him if he really played football after that.”

Obviously no good as an “inside midfielder”. De-list

Surely he showed her a few YouTube clips?

Surely he showed her a few YouTube clips?

"Hey, come over here and let me show you some YouTube clips of myself."

Yeah, nah.