Former #4 Jobe Watson

Didn’t have hear them say anything at all till the last few minutes…

Just saw the coffee chat on the EFC site.He is looking relaxed and happy. What a lovely man he is …

Can’t believe he’s going back to NYC in Oct/Nov to make coffees again.

Make the very most of Jobe and enjoy him because I don’t think he is going to be around all that long.

He has a life to live in NYC with his partner and there is more to life than footy. The best of everything to you both, Jobe you have nothing to prove to us at the EFC.

5 Likes

What a shame I’m there in July and not Oct/Nov!

1 Like

Yeah, Jobe was saying the same thing.

4 Likes

I reckon I know where he can be found in Melbourne until then

Didn’t seem too enthused about the Essendon brand coffee. It would be interesting to know what brand he prefers. For me it has to be Lavazza.

Yuck! Anything in a pod can not call itself coffee.Why do people drink that crap.

Most of the foreign brands are old and mouldy by the time it gets to Aus. We grow some of the best coffee in the world right here in Australia. The Northern Rivers has the perfect conditions to grow world class coffee. Drink local.

Jobe will be able to open his own coffee shop and instead of a short black, maybe he can make a brown low!

10 Likes

5 Likes

Bound to bring back painful memories if he spends his day handing brown lows to other people.

4 Likes

I agree on ‘pod’ coffee… Yuk.
So what brand do you drink?

1 Like

You’re all off your beans. The Aldi pod machine and some of their pods make a great coffee. You know the term Coffee snob, right? Nothing worse, … even worse than a Wine snob

But I am interested in what brands use that Nth Rivers grown Aussie beans WP?

1 Like

There are a couple from up this way that I will get.

My favourite is Zendtveld’s, The Fix I buy it from the local deli/cafe who stock it. I have been to their farm and seen their operations. Beautiful soil, great water, perfect micro climate for coffee. They grow their own and purchase from local growers to produce a 100% Australian coffee. .

I used to get High Trees Estate, but they changed hands and now have branched out into more mixed coffees, using local and imported arabica beans. Still very nice coffee though. They used to do a single estate organic coffee that was really good for a decent price, but now too expensive.

Mountain Top Estate do nice coffee. It is pricy though, if you aren’t in the know.

Always buy whole bean and only grind prior to use. Buy yourself a heat sealer for plastic bags and store your beans in the bag they came in, so long as it has the one way vent in it that allows the beans to expire CO2. Just slice off the very top where it is sealed and then reseal after pouring out beans you want to use for a few days. When you get close to the vent you turn the bag over the other way and cut it open and reseal from the bottom. The beans last a lot better and the bags are made to keep the beans fresh.

Jobe to be back to his best this weekend. I think the team will be seething over their performance from last weekend. I expect to see an extremely determined team going in this week. Good times ahead.

6 Likes

Geez we coulda used your precision vs Carlton in the wet

1 Like

Interesting to hear from a coffee purist. For me the coffee must be good and hot, but its also very much about the ambience of the coffee shop, the people that work there, the way they greet you in the morning, the background music, the warmth, the cleanliness, the passing parade of other customers, it helps start the day right.

You can pay the same for a great coffee at a great coffee shop, or go to MacDonalds, where the McCafe is passable but they dont want to know you or even pretend to care…

2 Likes

Just admit you’re there for your fix, ya addicts.

4 Likes

Grow a pair.

1 Like

Disposal has been woeful this year… needs to do something about it quickly.

Pretty heartbreaking watching him tonight.

I have faith that his touch will come back though.