Former #4 Jobe Watson

Disposal efficiency (not that it’s the greatest stat) has him just under 66% this year, 2014 & 2015 he was mid 70s

Could this be down to him kicking more?

In those years i recall him just lasering 20-30m handballs onto teammates chests, now he seems to be attempting the same but with his feet, which is nowhere near the level his hands were.

1 Like

nup, handballing a bit more than 2014/15

I reckon it’s pretty clear he’s lost a half step of pace, and his kickings not quite there ATM. He’s still a clearance beast, but he’s not quite the package he was.

I wouldn’t say any drop in pace has been clear… my only real concern with Jobe is his kicking and endurance.

The one who has lost pace is Stanton. Gone from slow to glacial.

1 Like

So roughly the same as Zach then.

Not the first time Jobe has found his kicking to be a problem. Even in his brownlow year he shanked a few.

But just like the last time he will fix it up and come out on top. People have short memories.

And he hasn’t lost pace, he’s just getting used to it. His clearances from packs has been great and is only getting better every game.

More like two of the five games have been in very wet and wet conditions where disposal efficiency is always down across the board.

1 Like

Who knows, as Ants mentioned I’m sure the club are making sure he’s getting enough of whatever it is he needs. On Siddle, the bloke was a genuine top level brute fast bowler putting them down at 150km/h, then ditched meat and got his teeth polished and next thing he’s bowling nagging medium pacers. Hope Jobe has kept his out swinger at least.

That is just patently untrue. He has never ever been that level of express quick. early 140’s at best.

8 Likes

Correct.

Needs to go to La Luna for one or more of Adrian’s superb steaks. Feed the man meat.

1 Like

He was breaking the high 140s and earli 150s consistently when he started but then dropped to late 130s early 140s after he was injured and came back a vegan*.

• this may have nothing to do with his pace drop.

And we’re also taking much more dangerous kicks into the corridor, little hit ups in not very much space. Which suits some more than others.

No, he wasn’t.
At his peak he was low-mid 140’s at most. His Brisbane hat trick, aged 26, peak of powers, before the vegan shift, with all that adrenaline and bowling yorkers which are always quicker through the air his fastest delivery was 142.9kmh. That was it for Sids. A whole hearted performer but never express.

3 Likes

Was going to use that hat-trick as an example but you’re right, all low end 140’s. Seem to remember the Matt Prior one hitting 150odd. Regardless he definitely did push the high 140’s regularly in that 08-12 period through brute force that he lost since.

Anyway, reckon Jobe will sharpen up in the next few weeks no problem.

Better than I thought after watching it again. He isn’t bursting through stoppages but still reading the ball well and the stoppage craft still there.

Getting better with every game he gets under the belt, & will continue to do so.

Just as was expected.

Surprised he is getting up for tomorrow’s game, pretty good effort from the old man. Need him to have a good game I’m a tad worried about melbournes inside group led by a fresh Lewis.

3 Likes

well done boys winning over Collingwood keep on going

Hoping for a nice, clean, 22-touch, 2.0 goal game splitting time between forward and mid tomorrow.

1 Like