Former #4 Jobe Watson

He would know. No need for the tap. He gets to play the season if he wants. We farking owe him.

3 Likes

I reckon he is at about 60% at the moment and showing that it’s not enough unfortunately.
Unfortunately Parish is not firing and with Watson down, our midfield is pretty weak.

If he is happy to play VFL the rest of the season that’s fine. Guys like Mutch, Begley and co need to playing every week

You cannot blame Jobe here.

He “hit the wall” after the hard slog of a game v Carlton.

It shouldn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that he should be rested after ANZAC day going into a 5 day break.

He still had the most clearances for us and did everything he could. It’s the selection panels job to work this out.

7 Likes

No.

He doesn’t.

I’m so sick of this logic being used on he and Stanton and co. The saga is OVER. We need to look after the club FFS. It can’t go on forever.

11 Likes

Eat a steak

5 Likes

Back off Jobe. He gets every chance.

Plus those that can see it have noticed that his fitness is what is off at the moment along with a little bit of disposal.

1 Like

He needs to work his way back.

he said he hadn’t picked up a ball for the duration of the ball. has no touch at all.

Blind Freddie could see that he might need half a season to get back to his best, both touch & fitness wise. That’s another into the legs, & he has 6 -7 games to go before we & he, will truly know what he’s got in him now, & going fwd.

I look at how BJ is going at the same age, and remember that Jobe was equal to him at least, (& most would say fitter, & cleaner than him) before the holiday, and fully believe there’s no reason Jobe would not be at least as fit as Godz if he too had not missed any footy, and therefore see no reason he can’t get back to at least Goddards level, with more games & match fitness.

Whether his heart, mind & drive is still there, or has deserted him for good, only he will know, & if he finds that to be true, he’ll cash it in himself.

The new diet of course, is something you can’t help but wonder about, …but right now …

Cool your Jets Jobe killers.

7 Likes

There was no Ball that I saw, only a horror show.

Wouldn’t the best avenue be to bring him in his 4 to 5 games of vfl?

Needs to be omitted

1 Like

Might have been, but it’s too late now.

Personally, I think they borked it letting him play against Carlton. Had done ok til then, but felt it on that soft Brisbane turf in the heat.

Take that rain game as a rest, & I reckon things play out a lot differently for him to this point.

Give him this week off, see what happens.

He’s a vegan so probably lacking protein

He definitely needs a rest and perfect time to bring in some of the depth like Bird/Myers to take his place.

He’s been managed in every game. Even the Hawthorn one.
Is there anywhere to find time on field info?
I’m sure he’s been bottom four or five each game this year.
I don’t know what league average is, but we are hampered because of having to look after the fitness of the guys who didn’t play in 2016.

Clearly he’s unfit and it is having a negative impact on the team, but he’s still of value out there. The want is there when there is a close contest.
He should be rested.

If this is so, I think he’ll pull the plug oh himself. He’s not the type to drag it out. We’ve got time.

Play him in the forward line much more.

We can find room there…Green is not delivering enough quality involvements to be auto-picked.

He spent 73% of the game on the field, along with Brown (73%). Only player that spent less was Parish (70%).

1 Like

I like most here all love Jobe, however you can bury your head as much as you like Davo! he is far off it!

1 Like