Former #4 Jobe Watson

Has he legit gone Vegan?
Don’t see how you could possibly perform at the highest level on those kind of nutrients

he’s seen the world beyond/outside footy - which on the one hand gave him the oxygen he needed to come back, but it came at a price…

1 Like

Works ok for the Diaz brothers you just have to be careful ensuring you get the right food. Not to sure where the lack fitness comments are coming from, preseason everybody was saying he was lighter and fitter than he has ever been.

Couple of points.

1. He has certainly lost a yard and it’s making it harder for him.

2. If it’s going to take another six weeks till he is back their may not be any point. He needs to lift more now, he is becoming a liability. I’d rather persist with Langford.

3. His disposal has gone to ■■■■, and I’m not sure he has the time or inclination to fix it - again.

I have no doubt he will play some solid footy at some point this year, but there is no sugar coating it. He is a shadow of his former self and this will be his last year. I’m now starting to think he should have walked away.

2 Likes

You’d hope that if you were a fair bit lighter that it might help you cover the ground a little bit quicker.

Sandilands can outrun Jobe at the moment.
The thing he always had going for him was his reaction time, even that is slow.
Needs to dropped/rested/managed, whatever the ■■■■ you wanna call it.

1 Like

Never been quick, but made up for that with a quick mind and quick hands. He’s slower now and seems not to have the same clarity as before with ball in hand. As a combination it makes him sluggish and behind the game.

I’m not prepared to claim its a permanent condition just yet. I don’t think he has the legs in general to play intensely every week just yet. I’m surprised he got selected this week with the short break.

I’d rest him for a week and bring him back after that. I think he can and will improve for much the same reason I think Heppell can and will improve. As I see it neither have yet really adjusted to the pace of the game.

Going to ground a lot…very un Jobish

1 Like

He was totally spent after ANZAC day and it was inevitable that a performance such as today’s was going to follow suit.

Should have been rested today, must be rested against Freo, then he needs 4 games in the VFL to regain his disposal touch. If he hasn’t got it back after that, it ain’t coming back.

1 Like

He’s done. Unfortunately. He honestly has zero fitness, he cannot run anymore. It’s hard to watch but he can’t be getting senior games playing how he is. Kills me to say that

3 Likes

More cooked than Dempsey

Needs the week off. Hopefully doesn’t go to Perth.
I still think he’s in our 22, even if he’s not 2013 level J Watson.

if his name was stanton , blitz would have their pitchfolks in hand.

no fairytales for jobe. he is cooked

There was actually a sliver of my brain that thought he could challenge for the Brownlow this year hahaha.

It’s so sad.

3 Likes

Jobe keeps smelling cooked meat and wondering where it is coming from.

(Sorry! Joke! Love you Jobe!)

Going to retire as a former Brownlow Winner.

Thanks GAYFL.

They say Joe Watson need a rest, he hasn’t done much in the previously 5 games, Joe should think about his future.he has been a great player for the last 15 year, you can tell.his mind not on the job.what would football public, and scum media think of jJoe spending the rest of he time in the second.it’s time to bow out.father time is beckoning

1 Like

:joy:

I love this bloke, full mancrush. Seeing him rip it up in the first week of preseason was almost too much and then watching him carve up hawks was sheer delight.

The end has come quickly and as so often is the case, it has come brutally. We either need to redefine how we use him or let him retire gracefully.

Hardest things to write and makes me saga-angry all over again… but he just doesn’t have the speed to play the modern game.

Some of you guys need to htfu.

4 Likes