Former #4 Jobe Watson

Carl Lewis says hi!

1 Like

Is any of that true?

Maybe Jobe chose the GF due to her exquisite cooking skills

then why didn’t he choose skipworth instead?

1 Like

I am not saying the diet has nothing to do with it, but if it is, it would only play a very small part. Jobe has played long enough, is experienced enough, and professional enough, not to undertake something like this without researching and speaking with dietitians/experts first. As stated above there are plenty of Athletes that do just as well, some claim even better on vegan diets.

His levels would be monitored at the club via blood tests, they would know if he is lacking in areas, and adjusting his diet to compensate. So even if there where areas lacking I am sure they would be quickly addressed.

I think Jobe’s problems are 2 fold.

The game, and our gameplan has changed dramatically since he last played. All our returning midfield players that lack pace have struggled. Jobe is no exception to this.

The other reason is dead simple he has not played footy for so long that its taken time for his body to adjust to playing the game again. His age is also a factor in this.

Perhaps he is past his best? Perhaps the game itself has also gone past him?

All I know is he has not been given enough time for any of us including himself to answer these questions. If we where half way through the season id be concerned. But as it stands not even worth worrying about.

1 Like

https://www.acefitness.org/certifiednewsarticle/3100/can-your-vegan-athletes-match-their-meat-eating/
some interesting reading, I am not for or against this type of diet and couldn’t do it myself. I am totally the opposite to be honest.

" She maintains that, based on feedback from her clients and people she has interviewed, “Athletes perform better on a plant-based diet, and, since vigorous exercise exposes you to higher levels of free radicals, they’ll also recover faster with a plant-based diet full of antioxidants [which squelch the radicals].”

1 Like

https://img.memesuper.com/487e7f48e1ea56666ac748ded4035ca3_match-thread-australia-v-india-at-adelaide-1st-test-day-4-peter-siddle-meme_650-366.jpeg

Question is:

How many banana Jobe eat?

You don’t make friends with salad.

7 Likes

Round 1 27 disposals 7 marks 8 tackles
Round 2 33 disposals 8 marks 1 tackle
Round 3. 28 disposals 3 marks 10 tackles
Round 4 16 disposals. 3 marks 2 tackles
Round 5 28 disposals. 3 marks 4 tackles
Round 6 13 disposals 4 marks 1 tackle

Round 1 25 disposals 7 marks 6 tackles
Round 2 17 disposals 5 marks 3 tackles
Round 3. 22 disposals 3 marks 4 tackles
Round 4 24 disposals. 4 marks 1 tackle
Round 5 25 disposals. 2 marks 3 tackles
Round 6 11 disposals 2 marks 2 tackles

Stats for two Bombers, both in the mid-field, one is getting told to retire and the other is playing no better but getting off any criticism.

Jobe has played one poor game and one average game. So has Darcy !

Maybe we should wait and see how the next 6 games go.

9 Likes

I’m sure I’ve heard that somewhere before …

1 Like

Oh ffs
He’s not Joe Blow. He’s Jobe Watson and has an entire footy club behind him. I think they do better than throw a couple of snags on a plate for him.

2 Likes

Ridiculous comparison. A second year 19 year old has had 20+ 4/6 games, I’d consider that impressive. I get what your saying but that comparison makes zero sense

2 Likes

He’s nearing the end of his career. He’s just had a year off. He’s still in the thick of it and having an impact. He didn’t come off a 5-day break very well. He’s not Brownlow year Jobe by any stretch, but I think he’s going well. I don’t think we’ve seen his peak this season yet either, I reckon he’ll hit his straps and be on par with Goddard as we round the bye.

1 Like

Easy Ryder is to veganisn, what benzina is to droopy sashes.

2 Likes

Jobe should retire before, he become a joke

Jobe has played one poor and one average game out of six, and some reckon he is cooked. Another player in a similar position has a similar output and it is OK. Nothing to do with who the player is, it is just paranoia about Jobe.

1 Like

yay lets look at stats and completely ignore any context surrounding them…

1 Like

What do the stats say about what he did with it?

I reckon he needed a rest earlier (melbourne game).

1 Like

Maybe it’s the coffee he’s drinking?

monkey ■■■■ coffee?

1 Like