2009: 2 goals
2010: -
2011: n/a
2012: 2.1
2013: 3.1 (BOG)
2014: n/a
2015: n/a
2016: n/a

When he was good, he was very very good… and the rest of the time he didn’t play.

Jobe was excellent in Weagles game. fantastic. I wrote him off re vegan diet - I know many vegans, and amount of time and energy it takes to source food and cook vs meat dishes is huge. Single guy rarely takes that much time to make food, esp if tired after training etc. Maybe exceptions to that.
Good on him, he needed a break, certainly looks the goods now.

He’s looked a bit knackered most games but he is getting there I reckon.

1 Like

He shaved.
More Jobe, less planet of the apes. :wink:

1 Like

Most important is Jobe can play his role for the team as an inside mid - Has waxed and waned in this role in 2017, and has spent one or two games, and part of games in a more outside role.

I read in a lot of threads on Blitz where many expect Jobe will retire at the end of this year.
My impression is why would he come back at all if it were only for 1 year ?
I fully expect him to be playing in 2018.

8 Likes

unfinished business perhaps? As in just wanting to go out remembering what it’s like to just play footy and enjoy it? I hope he goes on again but doubtful.

Fair call but geez he’d be tempted going around again after seeing how we are building and how quick it seems to be happening.
On the flip side I think his GF is only studying in Melbourne this year and I assume will return to N.Y. next year so who would blame him for saying get ■■■■■■ AFL I’m off to N.Y.

1 Like

yeah you couldn’t blame him either way. In reality, all romanticism and emotion aside, if we’re genuinely going to contend in the next few years one of the kids needs to go past him next year anyway… Kyle Langford, I’m looking at you!

Kyle can be part of our 2nd on the trot premiership in 2019.
■■■■ it we’ll just have to win it this year

Nah, I’m pretty sure he shaved.

2 Likes

what happens to 2018 “a Gap year” so we can all travel

1 Like

Cant wait for finals time. He will be in top form. That years rest, will extend his career by 5 years

He kicked one in 2015 I think…

Easy to remember because we didn’t kick many!

Likewise. This year is just about regaining all the mojo to be ready for the flag tilt next year, ( … if it doesn’t happen this year of course … )

Watched the replay (worthwhile)
Jobe was really really good. Best game for the year.

1 Like

■■■■■■ oath HAP. His hands were fantastic and he impacted the contest like the Jobe of old. He’ll clean up that short kicking and we can enjoy the show as he bulldozers the contest and feeds the ball out to Parish, Zerrett, Hepp, etc.

[quote=“Easy_Ryder, post:4548, topic:220”]the amount of time and energy it takes to source food and cook vs meat dishes is huge.
[/quote]

Um, no, check your bias please.

Vegan smashes ease and time for sourcing and cooking compared to meat. You cook it for less time, you also grow it for less time before you slaughter it, skin it, cut it off the bone, package it, send it for 12 hours by truck, repackage it, then cook it for longer as it’s far more dangerous eaten raw / not cooked properly

Don’t know what you think you base that statement on, absolutely ridiculous thing to say. Like people who say meat is the only place to get protein. It’s not your fault, many people say these lines thinking it’s normal but they’re actually both incorrect.

*no not a vegan.

1 Like

Um, no, check your bias please.

Vegan smashes ease and time for sourcing and cooking compared to meat. You cook it for less time, you also grow it for less time before you slaughter it, skin it, cut it off the bone, package it, send it for 12 hours by truck, repackage it, then cook it for longer as it’s far more dangerous eaten raw / not cooked properly

Don’t know what you think you base that statement on, absolutely ridiculous thing to say. Like people who say meat is the only place to get protein. It’s not your fault, many people say these lines thinking it’s normal but they’re actually both incorrect.

*no not a vegan.
[/quote]

I believe you, because if you were a vegan you would’ve mentioned it in your very first post on BB.

8 Likes

I thought Easy Ryders comment was more related to eating a high protein diet suitable for an elite athlete, and that planning your macros/meals and buying all the food would be harder and more time consuming.
I’d be interested to see what Jobe’s diet is like now, if it its mainly raw and whole foods or if hes just heating up frozen meals and smashing the protein shakes.