Former #4 Jobe Watson

It’s almost as if he missed a year of football after a couple of years of an emotional battering

Jobe Watson can stay in the side if he gets less of the pill than he did in his first game, anyone who thinks otherwise is a ■■■■.

I’m not saying your are CB, and I agree with you. I just think if it takes him 21 rounds to find his feet for one more great game then I’m fine with that.

13 Likes

No it wasn’t. And the blindingly obvious one-on-one was Hooker, 40 metres down the boundary line.

3 Likes

Under no circumstances does jobe get dropped. Sentiment aside he has been playing ok. People were expecting him to be our best player. Its unfair. We are still a much better team with him in the side.

I’ve no doubt at all that jobe will call time when it’s correct.

4 Likes

It’s not up to him though.
The coaching staff have to be brave enough to pull the trigger if they feel he isn’t best 22

1 Like

Woosha performed far worse than Jobe today. He should go back and coach the 2s before Jobe gets dropped.

1 Like

His kicking has gone back to 2010 days. It lacks any penetration and zip; his set shot barely made then distance!
He also looks slower the usual; perhaps he’s carrying a groin injury or something?

I love the man more than anything but his impact is non existent and he’s being exploited for pace the other way.

1 Like

No it the cofee thing and he hung out with the wrong crowd in NY.

He’s looks dehydrated to f.ark.
Get off the flipping coffee and eat some meat!
Pork on ya fork
Beef in a cheeks
Rack a lamb thank ya man
Someone on here must live or know Jobe properly, take him out to dinner and stick it in him!

1 Like

We are not going to play finals in 2017 or 2018.

At best Jobe could go around again in 2018, reality though this will be the last.

With all that in said - what’s the point of him playing out the year? We have far too many kids that have not had enough AFL exposure. Need to work out who is part of the future.

I can’t believe how bad his kicking for goal has been this year.

I think he may have missed by a bee’s di*ck in Round 1, but since then, most have been closer to the behind post…and the ball twirl does tend to annoy me when he kicks it that badly.

2 Likes

He used to be reliable for the most part. I knew before both shots that he’d miss and wouldn’t make the distance. Sad.

1 Like

IHe led the club through its worst period in over 100 years. He was the only constant. Not Little, or Evans, or even Hird. Him. I genuinely believe if it wasn’t for the strength of his leadership that the club may have folded.

And for all this, for all that work and sacrifice, he was pillored in the press, booed on the ground, and had the highest individual honour in the game taken away from him. Oh, and he was banned from playing for a year while he was basically at the peak of his powers.

He had 27 possessions on the weekend.

As far as I’m concerned, he can get given a game for Essendon until he’s 50 years old if he wants. I don’t care if he has zero possessions every week, i dont care if he sits on the bench with his feet up sinking a beer during the match. Don’t care. He has earnt it.

And all you saying he should be dropped, and retired now, please please please go ■■■■ yourself.

29 Likes

Just when i thought i had heard it all.

7 Likes

No individual is bigger than the club and if he or ANY of the returning players are playing badly, they get fkn dropped. We are not a charity and can’t just hand out games. I don’t give a fk if he had 27, he was very average Sunday

I actually really rate you as a poster but that is the biggest load of bullshit I’ve heard from you. The club may have folded if not for Jobe? LOL

9 Likes

If you reckon he’ll be dropped or deserves to be, then you’re the only one serving up bullshit. Jobe was in our best half a dozen players on the weekend. Don’t confuse that reality with him playing a great game, he was just better than the majority of players who embarrassed themselves on the weekend. Yep, not just Sunday, the entire weekend. Not sure if VFL coverage makes it to WA, but you couldn’t seriously promote anyone who played at Windy Hill on Saturday on merit. Myers statistically put himself in the frame, but wasn’t overly damaging. And everyone else was somewhere between average and shithouse.

1 Like

I agree he is usually a pretty good poster but has probably let his emotion cloud his judgement in this case.

Jobe looks like he is finished to me and really this year he has had far more bad periods than good ones. He has moments in games now where he is good as opposed to games where he is good.

His disposal is atrocious most of the time and i think Jobe will be quite happy to walk away at the end of the year anyway.

1 Like

You can’t carry a player who can’t hit targets by foot.

You can’t be picking team based on sentiment.

3 Likes

Jobe isn’t what he was, but he is still giving it everything, and he will either get better this year or get out of the way. I believe he is too classy to persist if he can’t kick it reliably to a teammate in the last quarter.

We do owe it to him to determine his own path.

We are all hurting, but after so many players having a bad game at the worst possible time, I think a lot of us are over reacting.

I haven’t quite given up yet.

I cup of phoenix with a double shot of Lazarus thanks Jobe.

5 Likes

A player? Please. Half the team butchered it.

3 Likes

Sure he ■■■■■■ up that kick to Bellchambers but he single handedly got us our last goal to level the game with his desperation.

6 Likes