Former #4 Jobe Watson

Langford can learn plenty learning how to line up.

You’re fricken sad.

Why ?

Jobe is still about our best player, and he would admit that kicking has never been his strength.

I think he’ll retire, and we should applaud him as a champion and not try to talk him into staying on for one more.

4 Likes

He’s not playing to the standard we (and probably he ) expect/hope, but he’s still best 22 as of right now. Not sure what else need be said atm. 2018 is still a long way off.

8 Likes

Exactly. See how he plays out the year, and if he wants to go again, and we get some other talent into the mid field, he could be a fine contributor elsewhere next year & possibly beyond.

1 Like

Fair enough. Thought you were bringing up stats from a thousand years ago to be a ■■■■.

I reckon Jobe’s kicking was pretty good for a few years, but it’s back to being a weakness again this year. He’s still better than most at winning a clearance or a contested ball or just finding the footy in general.

That’s the thing, half of the argument for dropping Jobe is that he is taking some kid’s spot, but I would say he is only at the centre bounce 50% of the time now when it used to be 95%.
He is actually spending a fair bit of time in other positions, either at half back or up forward, or on the bench, probably depending in who is taking his place in the midfield (Zerret or Heppel or Raz or Tippa etc).
So im thinking that his output is down because he is spending less time in the midfiled and giving kids a go, rather than him taking a kids spot and producing rubish.
Some of his disposal has been hit and miss, and he is adjusting the to new game plan, but i dont believe he is cooked or that he couldnt play a major role if need be or that he isnt passing on what knowledge he has.
Another year should definitely be on the cards.

1 Like

Jobe’s decision to go on or not,but the club should offer him a coaching roll, we can’t loose his experience.

Yep, he deserves that at least… they do look pretty good too …

2 Likes

Really hope he has a blinder, he needs it. We need it

3 Likes

Apparently Woosha isn’t firing the boys up. Can you please go out to the game and at 3/4 time jump the fence and address the players? That was a stirring rant and if that doesn’t fire the players up then nothing would.

2 Likes

have no problem with him continuing on handballing till the early morn, if only his team mates would pick up the slack at the other end giving him a good option, and use it effectively, either spreading fast from the contest or hitting the right target.

■■■■■■■ people would wet themselves over that ■■■■■ forn ■■■■ Mitchell and he was usually handball happy in close, he just had better team mates around him.

he has carried this team long enough.

1 Like

Colyer says hi.

1 Like

Yeah he’s been garbage of late. Well, to be honest we didn’t have one winner late last week. I hope this team is fkn Angry

What’s the weather doing?

1 Like

Sailed over his head…

1 Like

Nah that’s Green your thinking of.

In the 3rd quarter when the pies were on top I thought 2 players in the middle really stood up. Watson at the stoppages was massive and helped stop the momentum, and Parish was everywhere. After our last two weeks it was exciting to see a young player like Parish stand up when we needed especially with Merrett off injured. Watson had a good, not a great game, but stood up when it mattered, no bad clangers today and a few nice little knock ons

5 Likes

Got some vital clearances today.

Much improved on last week.

1 Like

Stood up when Merrett went down and got about 3 clearances in 10 minutes. That tap on too. Love him.

1 Like