Former #4 Jobe Watson

His kicking was soooooo much better today. Easily the best he has played all year

Excellent game today. His inside work was great as always but his delivery, which has really let him down recently, was much better. Really solid 4 quarter effort.

His best game of the year today and vastly improved disposal.

By Jobe, … I think he’s still got it!!

Jobey Wan… just a heart on legs.

3 Likes

I thought he was good today but still lacks a bit of confidence, and he showed again he is clearly best 22.

I went Jobe-watching yesterday - really enjoyed his game.
Other than being found out for pace by Pendles from a clearance, it was a v positive viewing:

• the amount of times he changes the outcome of a contest even if doesn’t get the clearance - extra pressure, slowing down/ affecting the opp clearance - time and time again.

• some of the smooth clearance work was reminiscent of the Paddy - Jobe days.

-jobe was really turned on, seemed to be up to pace not footwise but rather with his super-awareness- the big handballs, deft touches etc.

• held onto a beaut contested mark which was testament to his strength and good mindspace.

-manlove

Get a room.

3 Likes

Geez. When did you get a sense of humour?

1 Like

Ridiculous

20 Likes

Get him in the ruck

1 Like

l think it was McKenna who said last week, Jobe is running over the ground much better now. It looks like he has found his true fitness, to run out games. This news could not have come at a better time.

4 Likes

Agreed. The one thing he needs to sort out now is kicking delivery when it matters.

Around the ground field kicks have come back to pre holiday standard, but still seems to be just shorting the ones into a leading forward, etc … it’s like he panics/still lacks confidence a tad when it really matters.

Last piece of his rebuilding form to sort out I reckon, and that is surely just a week or 2 away now.

Yep, it’s like his leg goes taut and he shorts it.

no better time for him to be hitting targets than this week - it’s on the smaller ground, gonna be a v fast game with the ball racing side to side.
His & BJ’s kicking will be a huge factor in us getting the upper hand.

Seb Ross is a loser.

Seb Ross is a very good player and we would be rapt to have him at Essendon

2 Likes

JOBE Watson’s Brownlow Medal could be hanging on a wall at his grandparents’ house, according to his cousin Seb Ross.

Not sure why he felt the need to bring this up…

They want the cousins to belt each other on the weekend. Stories start here.

1 Like

Lol once a month news.com.au likes to trollbait the line “Jobe Watson, who as you know was STRIPPED of his medal”

It’s like they blatantly lie on purpose for clicks, I hope they all die in a horrible fire.

1 Like

It’s as if Parish knows it’s coming too.

2 Likes