#4 Kyle Langford โ€” not our worst in possibly our worst

fixed

4 Likes

And heโ€™s only 20 years old. Might mature when heโ€™s 21.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/player-profile/kyle-langford

What odds is he offering?

Rapt for him to be offered the no 4 and a huge vote of confidence by good judges.

I just wish EFC supporters would give their young players more latitude before writing players off.

The consensus on this site would have had Daniher as a defender and McKenna delisted.

5 Likes

We seem to be greedy bunch.

Most young players do take the 3-4 years to really cement themselves in the competition.

We have been utterly spoilt in the past few years with players playing full seasons in their first or second seasons.

• Heppell
  • Zerrett
  • Parish
  • McGrath
5 Likes

Agree with the above, nothing wrong, or unusual for a player to take 3-4 years to establish themselves. I am in the โ€œhe will be a good to great playerโ€ camp.

Seems to be a lot of posters who want instant success (in their eyes) may be supporting EFC since 1968* has something to do with my opinion?

*that was the first time as a nine year old in rural Victoria I can remember supporting the bombers, as not changed since.

2 Likes

I have said this over and over.
We have high expectations and expect players to play right away because we have been so lucky to have had players play right away.

1 Like

Heโ€™s 21 now. Has he matured yet?

I suspect there is a chance one of Laverde/Langford will be at a different club in 2019 - Both need things to go right in 2018 and grab every opportunity.

1 Like

I wondered if someone would realize that.

1 Like

So its happy birthday day to Kyle .
:balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon: :balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon: 21 balloons yippee

3 Likes
2 Likes

For your birthday have this 2km timetrial.

9 Likes

Which he apparently blitzed.
Will be able to chase opposition mids all day.

2 Likes

2km Time trial - Top seven:

1. Patrick Ambrose

2. Kobe Mutch

3. Dylan Clarke

4. Mason Redman

5. Kyle Langford

6. David Zaharakis

7. Josh Begley

8. Martin Gleeson

7 Likes

2km time Kyle

7 Likes

Big PB for Kyle. Pretty handy to have a 6โ€™3" 90+ kgโ€™s mid who can run like that.

17 Likes

Just fwiw does anyone know what the actual times were for the top few?

Good to see 3 of top 10 were last years recruits. UPSIDE UPSIDE UPSIDE

Hes just about a Bont clone now. Cuz, he is looking good.

(Both 193cm, 92 kg, and both sport the #4)

3 Likes