#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Definitely! Needs to take the first option.

What if his first option is to look for a better option?

1 Like

The air is his domain. Fyfish in the air

Hmmm, maybe he should just toss a coin, maybe the quicker option.

2 Likes

That’s his go as a forward.

I hope he proves me wrong but I just don’t see him as a mid.

I can’t see him having any chance of making it as a midfielder at AFL level. He might do ok as a mid in the VFL but you just don’t get the time he takes to make decisions in the AFL. He’s had plenty of time in the system and he just looks to slow. He does however look really strong and is a good overhead mark but I can’t see him pushing anyone out of the forward line. I think he’s probably going to struggle to break into the team again this year.

Anyone convinced of anything by 20 mins of circle work in mid-February is an absolute, blithering, drooling moron.

19 Likes

Im not convinced of this.

It’s his body of work to date that says his reaction times / decision making are slow

You boys sitting in judgement. This kid is out of contract and he will have a ■■■■ load of interest because you saw it last night. Not beaten one on one - strong mark , uses the ball and moves very well. We ( Essendon) are the only side with a Joe Dan , meaning a Kyle Langford would be very very sort after player.

Having a insane need to continually move the footy at great speed, impart failed when it mattered. You need a bit if composure as well.

Still reckon Langford could become third third tall defender option.

I dont think anyone is convinced of anything after the 20 minutes, its the 3 seasons where he has showed more as a forward than a mid that has convinced people, this 20 minutes is just a reminder of that fact

3 Likes

Posted last year i think he is a hackman.I’m glad someone else is on the same page.

People are making informed calls based on AFL-ex form.
Fark me sideways…

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, really want him to make it as an inside mid. Only problem is the 3-5 seconds he takes to release the ball gives the opposition time to close down players forward of the play.

Who knows, he may just be the type of player who needs a long apprenticeship before things click, which would be ok so long as he’s prepared to wait. I get the impression he’d ok with that. That being said, reckon the coaches will give him ample opportunity in the seniors during the season to develop his skill/confidence.

Oh yeah, as stated by others, great hands which makes him a lethal weapon when resting forward.

No, nobody is making calls on Langford based on AFLX form. Not 1 single person has even hinted that his performance in the AFLX has changed their opinions of him or given them any new perspective. What some have said is that his AFLX form hasn’t changed their opinion of him because they believed prior to the AFLX that he was not suited to a midfield role & was best equipped to play as a half forward. Last nights performance, while not a real match scenario, again showed some of his strengths - his marking & his weaknesses - quick decision making. Others may have seen evidence to support the idea of him making it as s mid but again I don’t believe anyone could or has come to any conclusion by placing much weight on last nights game alone.

3 Likes

Why do you hate Langford?

1 Like

People making calls on him based on last night are very short sighted. There is the last couple of years where you can point to that he is going to take a lot longer to develop. Club needs to decide this season whether they want him as a 3rd tall forward or a mid. Personally I don’t think he has it as a full time mid, might be able to punch hit but wouldn’t want to be counting on him for long stretches of the season.

1 Like

Maybe they’re just shirt-faced.

2 Likes

If only we hadn’t been wearing our clash jumpers.
Sorry.
Edit: beaten by @Deckham. Again.

1 Like