#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Cheers

Why was Scott Lucas crap in his first few years - but McPhee burst straight onto the scene?IMPACT - or something. People develop at different rates. Ranting won’t change that. It just is.

And it doesn’t matter that you can’t see, either. But you’ll be angry for a fair while yet, if he keeps going like he is.

1 Like

Finding Nino has a genuine rival, but I think we saw this bloke was a buffoon last off-season.

1 Like

A workmate of mine who (Pies supporter…yeah I know) watched the Brisbane game on the weekend and liked what he saw with The Lang. Used the description of…dare I say it…Pendlebury like.

Brown 27 yrs
Walla 25yrs
Langford 21 yrs
Redman 20 yrs

Brown playing Key position fwd
Walla playing small fwd / mid
Langford mid / resting fwd
Redman rebounding half back.

You sir, are presenting the argument of an 8 year old.

Langford is showing exactly what half of blitz was saying all last year and what he showed most weeks in the VFL.

3 Likes

Excuse me, but is it true your mum won’t let you have a kitten ?

2 Likes

Shouldn’t feed the trolls

For the life of me I cant work out why Langford has not won a Brownlow. Been at the club three years and should have a couple by now. Delist.

6 Likes

Him not having won a Brownlow within his first 3 years just shows how mediocre we are.

4 Likes

In the Hird podcast today, a listener tweeted the question of which young player at Essendon Hird thought has the most potential - he mentioned Guelfi too, but was the biggest wrap for Langford.

14 Likes

Endorsement from the great man is good enough for me!

7 Likes

Guelfi’s an interesting one. I don’t see him as having a massive ceiling, but maybe that’s his age and draft number influencing me.

Hird’s always been a fan of Langford though.

3 Likes

Surprise surprise. Jim sees what Blitz needs to be hit over the head to see.
It’s been obvious since day 1. This boy will be a very good player, and hopefully in our colours.

8 Likes

I think we’ll find his ceiling quite high, i think top 3 to 5 players next year, just getting started.

1 Like

I think Hird mentioned he likes his ability to hit targets and his size as a mid. Apparently working very hard too.

2 Likes

Riiiiight… so better than most of Merrett, Heppell, Daniher, Hooker, Hurley, Fantasia, etc by his second year. Seems plausible.

2 Likes

I’m really struggling to understand your definition of “most”.

But I agree with the sentiment that top 3-5 is a big big big jump from where he sits in the pecking order right now.

I’m not convinced he’s truly best 22 if everyone is available. Especially if Parish gets back in form.
He’s a good solid contributor. Hopefully he improves and becomes more.

I don’t understand some of the over the top love (even forgetting Donnington)

1 Like

I think he’s got an edge and a thirst for the contest that not many of our guys do, certainly not many of the outside oriented guys.

I feel like Sheedy would love him.

1 Like

I’ll add that he has the strength to stand up in a tackle, a natural inclination to take the brave option when moving the ball forward, he’s a lovely kick, is developing his handball into quite an effective weapon, is quite good in the air, and has that precious little bit of extra time (which he is just starting to learn how to use at this level) over most players. He is also far more aggressive than most people on here realise.

9 Likes