#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Funnily enough his lack of tenacity has been an issue since day one. Not something which popped up this season.

Not denying that

15 touches and his kicking was again a standout and his ability to stand up in tackles and dish a handball off, not a great game but hardly a poor one in my eyes.

4 Likes

Any chance we could grow some balls and play him in the centre bounces for a whole game and see what he can do?

4 Likes

but hows myers meant to protect him if hes in the centre bounces?

2 Likes

Yep, he struggled forward. The guy is a mid plain and simple. Just play him there against the best and let him learn and improve

1 Like

■■■■■■■ LOL.

Blitz never change

2 Likes

The problem I see with him in the middle is that he stands too far back from the bounce and is never going to get first hands on the ball. That aint an inside mid. He needs to watch Clarke in the VFL, who plays like Langford needs to play, but just hasn’t got quite the body or seemingly the talent that Langford has.

2 Likes

What part was I wrong about?

You don’t remember the last two to three years of endless Blitz posts in this very thread saying “he’ll never be midfielder, only a forward. the coaches have ruined him!!!”

1 Like

It’s his 4th year

So he’s trying to transition from a flanker to a mid, like pretty much every player in the game.

He’s had no significant injuries. He should be assessed as a 4th year player just like everyone else. He might take longer to reach his peak, but it isn’t becuase his first three years were not proper.

1 Like

He proved this year beyond a doubt he is a mid. The ball wasnt getting into the forward line. He needed to be in the middle

This guy reads the play and thrives on creating time and space with his clever movement and creative kicking.

Also has been good defensively.

Problem was tonight there was no time & Richmond closed down space really well.

And we didn’t seem to be able to limit their spread.

No wonder he struggled.

1 Like

I’m a fan, but until the consistency of effort is there, he will put in plenty of games like he did tonight. The skill set is impressive, but the application does not always match.

4 Likes

He has spent 2 years trying to become a mid, it hardly comes to him second nature and he isn’t a natural at it. He is a natural forward as he has spent his whole career as a kid playing that. He shouldn’t overly struggle there. Smith is a mid who plays forward, don’t see the same struggle in either role. Stringer is a mid who players forward, he doesn’t seem to struggle in either place too much (well overall and he is still improving)

He has to learn to be versatile and play both roles well when he is there. He didn’t do that tonight.

That;s okay, he is still learning and he will improve on this.

For someone without speed he needs to barrel his way through. Completely lost all fwd ability in his transition to a midfielder.

His kicking is elite. That punch - ohhh my.

Blitz has been on his ■■■■ for what… 5 weeks? That he might have a “moderate” game really shouldn’t be a surprised. I’m with The Don above, he still showed a lot albeit a bit less often tonight against the reigning premiers.

Wait till we see his game by game output in the first few rds of 2020. 2019 will be for him what we hoped 2018 would be.

2 Likes

Off game last night still learning craft.

Elite kick which he needs to use more because lack of pace.

Needs a big gym preseason to get stronger as his size is important he just needs the confidence to know it which will come

He was under huge pressure all night, as they all were, and he didn’t cope with it well. He’s been very good for the past month but he still has a lot to learn. Most importantly how to play with a bit of mongrel.