#4 Kyle Langford — not our worst in possibly our worst

Given your name, you’d be a bit of an expert, wouldn’t you?

I thought it was the HUN

Pretty sure it was a video during last years preseason.

1 Like

While plenty of others poured scorn on him for daring to have goals that were higher than where he was currently at.

It is interesting how that player comparison has been jumped on. I can recall countless players over the years talking about how they study the game and approach of various champion players without ever attracting the kind of attention that Langford got for talking about Fyfe.

1 Like

¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Yep, that was the one.

I missed that, but it sounds like typically harsh online stuff.

Agreed. Most players have former (or current) players that they look up to and try to learn from to improve their games. Anyway, good on Langers for aspiring to be better. I reckon it is all in jest with his fellow teammates.

My mum goes for Richmond. So you got some explaining to do charlatan.

1 Like

2019…Peak Langford?

1 Like

Was terrible.

Needs to do a lot more.

5 Likes

Was very, very disappointing.

1 Like

Was terrible.

Needs to start walking the walk.

3 Likes

Cripps was a battleship. Langford was a paddle steamer.

2 Likes

Just kept losing his feet in the contest.

And we hardly saw those elite foot skills at all.

Not at all what I was hoping to see.

1 Like

I think it was Wim a few years back that said we were developing a good fwd into an average mid and potentially ruining his development. I’m starting to have a bad feeling that’s exactly what we are doing.

He looked comfortable in the third quarter playing forward. He’s good overhead and if he finds time and space on a HFF his kicking becomes a weapon. His best two games for mine were the Port game last year and Carlton a few years back, noting both were as a forward.

I just don’t see his lack of tenacity or agility ever letting him become a good mid. I really wanted him to get that > 25 possession game tonight to show he can.

He could be a darling, McGovern, Gunston mid size tall. I’m still backing him in, but I hope the desire to be a gun mid doesn’t limit his career in the long run.

2 Likes

Just doesn’t demand or want the footy when it’s there to get it. Complete opposite as Fyfe. Should be hitting a contest like a battering ram and then doing all he can to balance and keep his feet. Soft performance.

5 Likes

Yeah you mentioned that in the Parish thread

That sounds far too clever to be anything I’d say.

3 Likes

He played the second half of last year with a bit more intensity than he had previously in his career… and boy, does he need to because he is ■■■■■ when he is half a second off the pace

It was a practice match.
Calm your farms.
He’ll be fine.

7 Likes